ESB's Irvin Kershner passes

Hot on the heels of Leslie Nielsen's passing, we've lost a great director. I shudder to think how the rule of three will come into play.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101129/ennew_afp/entertainmentfranceusfilmdirector_20101129123403

To think I watched some of the bad version of ESB last night too on TV. Eerie yet appropriate. To think we'd lose him during the 30th as well. Rest in peace to the best director a boy, a girl and a galaxy ever had. Even Lucas couldn't ruin that film (at least too much).

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

A true unsung Star Wars hero. From what I understand he was an "actors director", much more than Lucas is, and the results shone through in ESB, the Star Wars film with THE best characterisations and performances.....

(Possibly the best SW sequence ever, featuring the most misquoted line in SF history, even the title of this youtube clip misquotes it)

Sad to hear, ESB is by far my favorite SW film and just one of my favorite movies in general.

Mine too. It basically cemented the idea that not all sequels have to suck and turned a surprise hit into a powerhouse franchise.