1/100 scale destroids?

Tking22

So basically I've drawn and photoshopped together a really nice city battle backdrop, then built by hand and painted some wrecked buildings out of posterboard, and created a city scene for my 1/100 battlepods and my to be collection of hi-metal VF-1's. What I'm wondering is are there any good 1/100 or roughly 1/100 scale destroid figures or models out there? I've got a good hand full of battlepods and only 1 valk so far, but the glaug is on the way and my roy comes out in November, but I need some cannon fodder destroids, help please!

There's the Destroid Conversion Kits. But you can only display one at a time. There's also the Bandai kits. I might check the out myself.

Hm conversion kits? Do you mean you swap parts on them to make other destroid models, like you swap and you can have a defender, or a tomahawk? Any pics, if they're roughly 1/100 I'd like to get a few. Oh and the bandai models how are they, I looked up the arii models, but I've heard bad things about them.

Hm conversion kits? Do you mean you swap parts on them to make other destroid models, like you swap and you can have a defender, or a tomahawk? Any pics, if they're roughly 1/100 I'd like to get a few. Oh and the bandai models how are they, I looked up the arii models, but I've heard bad things about them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Takatoku-die-cast-3-Destroid-CONVERSION-KIT-MIB-/350384540659?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51948bcbf3

plenty of pics there... but I forgot to say, even though that didn't sell they run pretty high... :(

I just saw some fairly cheap exo-squad robotech destroids on ebay, what scale are they I can't find any info on them, with a good repaint and some weathering these guys might work if they're the right size.

I think the Large Exo Squad are around 1:72 scale, and the smaller ones are 1:144. I haven't been able to locate mine, so this is from my old man memory. Be warned. :)

I think the Large Exo Squad are around 1:72 scale, and the smaller ones are 1:144. I haven't been able to locate mine, so this is from my old man memory. Be warned. :)

Sounds like the 1/144 MIGHT be okay, I'll have to read the descriptions closely, thanks for the heads up.

The Takatoku/Matchbox/Playmates 1/144 Destroids are rather small, but the detail is nice and you could just rescale them for inclusion with 1/100 pieces. Of the larger plastic Robotech/Exo-Squad Destroids, only the Phalanx is at all nice, with the Spartan also kind-of OK. Again, you'd have to rescale them, or shoot with some forced perspective.

Yamato's 1/100 Konig Monster is nice, though...

3348254564_4acfafc80c.jpg

The Takatoku/Matchbox/Playmates 1/144 Destroids are rather small, but the detail is nice and you could just rescale them for inclusion with 1/100 pieces. Of the larger plastic Robotech/Exo-Squad Destroids, only the Phalanx is at all nice, with the Spartan also kind-of OK. Again, you'd have to rescale them, or shoot with some forced perspective.

Yamato's 1/100 Konig Monster is nice, though...

3348254564_4acfafc80c.jpg

It looks nice, but I really prefer the original monster not the frontier version, I don't like the transformable monsters look.

So basically I've drawn and photoshopped together a really nice city battle backdrop, then built by hand and painted some wrecked buildings out of posterboard, and created a city scene for my 1/100 battlepods and my to be collection of hi-metal VF-1's.

I can't offer any help on the destroids, unfortunately, but your diorama sounds awesome! Got some pics to share?

Thanks, MyClone