To sticker or not to sticker...

Kelsain

To sticker or not to sticker...  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you apply the stickers to your Yamato Valkyries?

• Yes: the more detail, the better!
    • No: I like to keep them looking like the anime
    • Depends on the Valk
    • Forget stickers, I use 3rd party decals! *If you click this option, please share your source for those intereted!

Whether to sticker or not is an issue I'm facing with my current build of Bandai kit. Also wondering how much decaling to do on the Hasegawa kits.

One thing I definitely won't do is the "No Step" markings. Not only because it's painstaking but I also think that a mecha that's supposedly expected to occaisonally do close-quarters combat shouldn't have weak spots where even a Micron can't step on! :lol:

One thing I definitely won't do is the "No Step" markings. Not only because it's painstaking but I also think that a mecha that's supposedly expected to occaisonally do close-quarters combat shouldn't have weak spots where even a Micron can't step on! :lol:

But the energy converting armor doesn't engage until the VF is in battroid mode :p

Besides, aren't the No Step markings there for safety reasons rather than for preventing damage to the aircraft?

The "No Step" markings are placed near the edges of the wings and on flaps. If someone were to stand on those areas, they would be risking personal injury should they slip or one of the flaps move.

After much thought, I have decided to go ahead and use my 1:48 water slides on my 1:60 ver 2 VF-1S TV Focker......Most are almost the same size, and with no stupid clear flashing around them, the result is so far pretty sweet!! 1:60 water slides should be mandatory with every release, or at least an optional buy from Yamato--they just look SO much better than the stickers..... :D

After much thought, I have decided to go ahead and use my 1:48 water slides on my 1:60 ver 2 VF-1S TV Focker......Most are almost the same size, and with no stupid clear flashing around them, the result is so far pretty sweet!! 1:60 water slides should be mandatory with every release, or at least an optional buy from Yamato--they just look SO much better than the stickers..... :D

Where'd you get 1/48 waterslides?

I have always stickered my Valks, of course with the exception of the VF-1D and the YF-21 still haven't gotten to those yet. I have gotten good at trimming away excess film that I don't want left on after putting them on; i.e, fast packs, gunpod, and nose. B))

HLJ was shipping them with some items they had on sale about a month or so ago, got mine with my Gamlin VF-22.

really give me a link to it.

I have always stickered my Valks, of course with the exception of the VF-1D and the YF-21 still haven't gotten to those yet. I have gotten good at trimming away excess film that I don't want left on after putting them on; i.e, fast packs, gunpod, and nose. B))

Exactly, they have to be trimmed and placed on just right.

• 2 weeks later...

The only stickers I've ever used on my 1/48's are the TAKATOYS version, so if he's ever to come out with those for

1/60's, I'd probably use those, too.

The ones that come with the 1/60's starting with the v2 VF-1s are comparable in thickness to takatoys' stickers but not as shiny, which is good.

The ones that come with the 1/60's starting with the v2 VF-1s are comparable in thickness to takatoys' stickers but not as shiny, which is good.

I probably would have known this about the V.2 stickers if I were not so afraid of having to open up my 1S-ROY (finding out it has an exploding shoulder problem). But thanks anyway for the info, MACROSSJUNKIE :D !