Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Oihan

I was watching X Play on TechTV tonight, and they showed a trailer for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. It looked really sweat! My question is...is it going to be a game or a movie? I hope they're making an updated version of VII...with much improved graphics...maybe a retelling of the story or something.... From the screenshots in the trailer...I could only imagine what the game would look like with the much improved graphics! If you haven't seen it yet, you can d/l it here: http://www.finalfantasyinfo.com/ffac/FF-7-...ren-trailer.zip The trailer looked much better on the TV than it does zipped.

Thoughts/opinions?

Edited by Oihan

Its a movie taking place two years after Final Fantasy 7, well after the final battle not after the very end of the game since that last scene jumps ahead about 500 or so years. Its going to be an hour long. A remake of FF7 would be great but I think they dropped that idea and went for the movie after FF:TSW didnt' do well in the theaters, which is a shame since I thought it was really good.

Edited by Effect

Opinions you ask?

I think:

It's proof positive that Square will sink to ANY low to get more money (but then, they are a business, I suppose I shouldn't blame them)

I feel they could've spent that money better developing a better FF game (they haven't done good since VI...although Tactics was pleasant enough)

Purely my opinion though.

Well...I'm sure they could make it look just as nice as the trailer looks.

I wish that were true, but Square(now Squre-Enix) only seems to pride itself in having great opening and closing movies. Maybe a could of cool ones in-between, but they should really put more effort into the in-game stuff. Chrono Cross they actually did good for a PS1, but they don't seem to be anything special now. Now, if you look at stuff like Capcom's RE 4, that's what they should be striving for, at least for playable character sprites.

Part of me can't spite Square-Enix for what they're doing - they do do a good bit of stuff I don't like such as this, but can you blame them? I mean, if fans keep on asking for this crap, why not make it? I just wished they would drop this Cloud/Sephiroth thing already. It should have been done when Cloud cut Sephiroth 20 times in rapid succestion, but they keep on bringing them up. Why can't they have a really cool rivalry, like Frog/Glenn vs. Magus in the next Kingdom Hearts, or something? Maybe even they good guy and bad guy from FF 4, I liked that, just a little more variety would be nice.

It'd also be nice if every hero and heroines since FF7 didn't look the damn same. Granted, Cloud wasn't quite the pretty boy that Squall and his successors were, but they really need to get out of their funk of having the lead characters so similar.

Square I think is a good company, but in terms of innovation and game design they're vastly overrated. They're much better at making pretty CG and interesting stories (sometimes). But I love Front Mission too much to really dislike them, and FFT was pretty decent.

Its a movie taking place two years after Final Fantasy 7, well after the final battle not after the very end of the game since that last scene jumps ahead about 500 or so years. Its going to be an hour long. A remake of FF7 would be great but I think they dropped that idea and went for the movie after FF:TSW didnt' do well in the theaters, which is a shame since I thought it was really good.

**sigh**

One of the few, like my own, to have found FF: TSW a good movie.

It'd also be nice if every hero and heroines since FF7 didn't look the damn same. Granted, Cloud wasn't quite the pretty boy that Squall and his successors were, but they really need to get out of their funk of having the lead characters so similar.

i gotta disagree here. Squall didn't have nothing on the pretty boy hero of FFX. Zidane from FF 9 wasn't quite so bad. i don't know how a semi-SD character can be classified as a pretty boy. the villians from FF8 and 9 are a different story. But i say cut squall some slack. the guy had a scar at least.....

;)

BTW, i am an unabashed FF8 Supporter. :p

BTW, i am an unabashed FF8 Supporter.  :p

:p Pppssssh... heresy... worst FF game EVER! :D

I need to finish IX.... too good of a game NOT to..

Animation was awesome.. I'll watch it just for the eye candy... I have to say, as much as I disliked FF VII, it had the best boss music of any game I've played.

Edited by GreenGuy42

i gotta disagree here. Squall didn't have nothing on the pretty boy hero of FFX. Zidane from FF 9 wasn't quite so bad. i don't know how a semi-SD character can be classified as a pretty boy. the villians from FF8 and 9 are a different story. But i say cut squall some slack. the guy had a scar at least.....

;)

BTW, i am an unabashed FF8 Supporter. :p

Ah....another FFVIII supporter!

I hear you man! FFVIII was a great game! I don't understand what people hate about the "junction" system is. I actually liked it better than the materia thing. :D

...but FF Tatics is simply THE BEST FF game EVER!

Reports indicate that Square decided to make this movie to put all arguments to rest and prove that I was right all along about what happened at the end of FFVII.

I applaud Square's noble effort to provide indisputable proof that I rock so damned much.