Yamato Resurection DVD June 4th

Somewhere I saw that the Yamato movie is coming out on DVD June 4th. Sadly it probably will not have English Subtitles (or be region 1 either). That said, can anyone point me in the right direction on finding it when it comes out? My Japanese Google Foo is weak...

Heck I have a PS3, if the Blue-Ray version is watchable here in the US I could get that one. So info on that is helpful too.

(I didn't see the old Yamato thread so I started a new one, only existing one was about Pachinko)

Edited by Dynaman

If you're talking about the animated theatrical movie "Uchuu Senkan Yamato: Fukkatsu-hen", the Blu-ray release has been pushed back to July 23.

Link to CDJapan

Yes, the Blu-ray release will be watchable here in the US. However, it will not have English subtitles.

Edited by Vifam7

If you're talking about the animated theatrical movie "Uchuu Senkan Yamato: Fukkatsu-hen", the Blu-ray release has been pushed back to July 23.

Link to CDJapan

Yes, the Blu-ray release will be watchable here in the US. However, it will not have English subtitles.

July 13th, not terrible, nearly $100 US - OUCH! Hopefully a US version will be out soon (in a year or two that is)

July 13th, not terrible, nearly $100 US - OUCH! Hopefully a US version will be out soon (in a year or two that is)

Unless Voyager wakes the hell up, figures out how to license new materials for something, or co-ventures with one of the current existing anime company's, this isn't very likely.

http://www.starblazers.com/home.php

Well, it does look like they're awake, but no signs of them wanting to do anything remotely new or profitable :)

Edited by Keith

I'll hijack my own thread, The Star Blazers website has more English info on the Yamato Live Action movie - Most interesting part to me is that Knox/Saito is part of the movie...

http://www.starblaze...7aa24ee4b98cf4f

Damn you BSG and your sex change trend, now both Sado & Aihara are women! Or so the cry's would go out if this were an american fanboy event smile.gif

Edited by Keith