Valkyrie Cockpit

Ivan

I noticed that the cockpit of a valkyrie always looks more spacious in Battroid mode than in Fighter mode. This is the case in SDF Macross and Macross 7. Where did the extra room come from? Any explanation other than "anime magic"? :p

- i.l.

Well in most VFs the the cockpit is actually moved deeper into the mecha (in the Valkyries case it's inside the chest), thus the cocpit is in a larger cavity than it's in while in fighter or GERWALK.

there is too much room in the anime. It's a mistake I think. At least, the maximum width of the nose should be the battroid's cockpit's width because the pilot's chair is only rotating. The pilot is not leaving the nose. He stays in place. He doesn't travel into the robot's chest. LOL. He is not a fly worm in a dead body.

there is too much room in the anime. It's a mistake I think. At least, the maximum width of the nose should be the battroid's cockpit's width because the pilot's chair is only rotating.

Is there even room for the seat to rotate all the way? The nose landing gear has to be stored somewhere...

You gotta watch Macross Zero , the VF-0 transformation is practically the same as the VF-1 (if we´re talking about SW1 era valks ). In the case of the AVFs , the YF-19 copkits stays in in the backbone of the mecha so the space shouldn´t be altered that much. VF-4 is pretty much the same.

You gotta watch Macross Zero , the VF-0 transformation is practically the same as the VF-1 (if we´re talking about SW1 era valks ). In the case of the AVFs , the YF-19 copkits stays in in the backbone of the mecha so the space shouldn´t be altered that much. VF-4 is pretty much the same.

Well, if the pilot wants to stay "level", then the seat in the VF/YF-19 would rotate forward. Otherwise the pilot would be on his back in Battroid mode.

I do wonder however: Can you seriously injure yourself in the cockpit if your arms and legs are flailing about when you transform?

You gotta watch Macross Zero , the VF-0 transformation is practically  the same as the VF-1 (if we´re talking about SW1 era valks ). In the case of the AVFs , the YF-19 copkits stays in in the backbone of the mecha so the space shouldn´t be altered that much. VF-4 is pretty much the same.

Well, if the pilot wants to stay "level", then the seat in the VF/YF-19 would rotate forward. Otherwise the pilot would be on his back in Battroid mode.

I do wonder however: Can you seriously injure yourself in the cockpit if your arms and legs are flailing about when you transform?

Hypothetically, maybe.

I would assume safety measures were implemented.

there is too much room in the anime. It's a mistake I think. At least, the maximum width of the nose should be the battroid's cockpit's width because the pilot's chair is only rotating. The pilot is not leaving the nose. He stays in place. He doesn't travel into the robot's chest. LOL. He is not a fly worm in a dead body.

The seat doesn't just stay in the nose it actually elevates up into the chest. Ditto with the YF/VF-19 the seat rotates and moves up into the chest of the mecha where there is more room.

The seat doesn't just stay in the nose it actually elevates up into the chest. Ditto with the YF/VF-19 the seat rotates and moves up into the chest of the mecha where there is more room.

lol

"room in a plane"

have you ever seen a plane in which ther eis enough room for a cockpit the size of my living room?

we must admit here that it's a real mistake from the VF1 designers.

Maybe they use some kind of technology to reduce the size of human beeing. Some kind of size transformation, the same sing used by zentraedi to become giants. You know what i mean

I think the reason why the cockpit seems so roomy when a VF is in battroid mode is that we rarely see the cockpit from the POV of the pilot. There's a couple of shots in DYRL that stand out as to show how cramped the cockpit is. One of them is an over the shoulder shot (or something like that) of Roy in his 1S. There's also one of Isamu in Macross Plus.

lol

"room in a plane"

have you ever seen a plane in which ther eis enough room for a cockpit the size of my living room?

we must admit here that it's a real mistake from the VF1 designers.

Maybe they use some kind of technology to reduce the size of human beeing. Some kind of size transformation, the same sing used by zentraedi to become giants. You know what i mean

It requires nothing of the sort. There isn't that much room in a batroid cockpit in the first place. I think the roomiest (the TV VF-1 cockpit) has at most hafl a foot of space between the pilot and the furthest object. Most later designs are quite small (though still slightly bigger than their fighter mode counterparts.