Anyone know a store with Testor's marine/ship paints?

David Hingtgen

Long story short: I need more Testor's "5-L light gray 1943" to ensure I have enough to finish a large model I've started. This paint is out of production now and sold out everywhere I can find online. My only hope is that some store somewhere has some sitting on the shelves. Item #4245.

The marine line never had a "dedicated" display stand AFAIK, it was usually put into the bottom rows of the main Testors acrylic display, often near the Luftwaffe colors.

"5-N navy blue" #4241 would also be appreciated, and "Deck blue 20B" #4243, but they are less important.

Or in short---Testor's paints:

Please note there is a "5-L light grey 1941" by Testors. Totally different color.

Any/all leads appreciated.

You could always pick up a copy of Fine Scale Modeler at your local bookstore and call all of the listed Hobby Shops from the back of the magazine.

I checked the latest issue and while no shops listed in your homestate there are 79, so maybe one of those has it on the rack still. Here's a quick webcam photo of the section I'm talking about. Sorry I can't take a better shot for you. Good luck.

post-10398-1270716582_thumb.jpg

You could always pick up a copy of Fine Scale Modeler at your local bookstore and call all of the listed Hobby Shops from the back of the magazine.

I checked the latest issue and while no shops listed in your homestate there are 79, so maybe one of those has it on the rack still. Here's a quick webcam photo of the section I'm talking about. Sorry I can't take a better shot for you. Good luck.

post-10398-1270716582_thumb.jpg

Well, I'd recommend White Ensign Models Colourcoats - sure, they're in the UK, but they have great service and decent prices, even post conversion rate 0___0;;;;

http://www.whiteensignmodels.com/acatalog/...Colours_46.html

Ben

Thanks much. Looking through my box of paints, I discovered I actually do have a bit more 4245 than I thought, hopefully enough to finish it. Probably buy more just in case (it'd really suck to have 90-95% done and run out)

It's 4241 I'm really looking for now--I have NONE left (which surprises me, as I could swear I bought multiple bottles).

yeah miss these paints too. My local HS was the only place I could find one of my favorite colors, #5 standard navy grey, but they are no longer available anymore and I can't find it anywhere either. :(

Chris