I am so angry that didn't wait.

nghia59

This is something Bigbadtoystore does well - if you read their faq, they say that they will give you store credit if you buy something at a higher price just before a sale so that you don't feel angry.

Of course the real problem is that there comes a point where if nobody is buying things at a higher price, ain't no point in sellin' 'em anyways :lol:

Pete

meh you may have missed out on a good sale but unless you really research these things it's kinda hard to know where and when a sale will start ahead of time. Hey at least you have the pleasure of receiving your items ahead of time and have the spare cash to pay for them all.

I'm currently eyeing that VF-11b ATM... I wouldn't pay full price for it but that deal looks very tempting although it'll kinda even up with EMS shipping and all...

I started to wait for clearance sales since the end of last year... but I made exceptions for a few Macross imports (I thought "for sure they'll sell out before a sale", but NO).

So far I managed to get a few Macross toys at good discounts (30%-60%) and all my TF's from 30%-80% off. It was easier for TFs since the stock is local and abundant (my wait for them to go on sale is a meager month at the most... much less than the agony waiting for a Bandai or Yamato to go on sale).

If this recession keeps up, I'll wait till my wallet collects cobwebs if I have to.

As much as I would think this is what any logical person would do, I must point out that in the economic terms, this is what deflation is all about! Albeit in this case, it only applies to Macross toys. If we keep expecting them to go on sale all the time, it will just lead to a downward spiral... which is really what we don't want. This is exactly what, in the real world, governments are trying prevent.

That said, it also can be an indication that Yamato's MSRP was on the high side (though street sellers probably had way lower prices than the MSRP in the 1st place)

Oh well... hah...i'm probably not making alot of sense here, but well, just enjoy the sales while it lasts!

As much as I would think this is what any logical person would do, I must point out that in the economic terms, this is what deflation is all about! Albeit in this case, it only applies to Macross toys. If we keep expecting them to go on sale all the time, it will just lead to a downward spiral... which is really what we don't want. This is exactly what, in the real world, governments are trying prevent.

DOH! My Macross collection has moved into negative equity! :blink:

There could be lots more sales next year.... depending...

HLJ's free EMS shipping got me to spend, had been looking at some stuff without pulling the trigger. IMO HLJ will reduce the amount of initial stock they get in so they won't have to do sales under the "stock clearance" banner. Stock management will ensure they can keep the prices high. Then it will backup in Yamato's warehouse, so they'll be forced to do discounts to retail and then in turn HLJ can pass it on if they like.

The downside will be less risk taking with release choices. But they might have to build some new Valks, as people won't be going for the 11th repaint of a VF-1.

Lucky for me I've got all the stuff I really want now and can bide my time again, waiting for the good sales to come along. I just hope the Yamato doesn't get sunk! :lol:

From amiami I just ordered:

VF-27 - $11,720 yen / $130.383 USD

VF-25F - $12,450 yen / $138.543 USD

I am not a big fan of the Bandai DX series but at that price I couldn't resist. The have the armored Ozama on for a discount as well but I figured that was enough money for a little while. Now only if HLJ would have a sale on the Frontier stuff.

So sales work. I wasn't going to buy any Macross stuff for a few months and I didn't see myself buying anymore DX stuff after my VF-25F but I find a sale and out comes my credit card....... I'm so weak. :(

Edited by logos