my first attempt on bandai vf1s

JET7

just wanna share my first attempt on building kits.. bandai 1/100 scale vf1s super strike, my 2nd on waterslide application, my first was chara-works Valkyries

Image0293.jpg

Image0290.jpg

bought a wrong color paint for the armament.. it should be violet in darker shade.

Image0297.jpg

end product

vf004.jpg

vf002.jpg

vf001.jpg

im no expert in this building kits.. first timer bear with my mistakes :)

i hope you like it.

next stop.. HASEGAWA 1/55 kits :)

Good job for one of your first kits. It's a pretty clean build with a smooth paint job. As long as you're having fun, then you're doing it right!

That kit is the best of the 1/100 battroid mode kits from way back when. I've got a couple sitting in the stash. Some of the other battroid kits have a very stiff look to them. (although they do look similar to much of the battroid's appearance in the anime)

It's really great to see some of these old kits getting some love in the forums. Keep it up guys!

• 2 weeks later...
2nd kit bandai

Image0331.jpg

Image0334.jpg

Image0336.jpg

camphone used, sorry for the lousy image quality. took me a day to finish it.

Both are looking good! Like Jardann said it's a lot of fun to see all of these classic kits being built of late.

Now your next assignment, should you choose to accept it is to work out those seem lines!

it looks like you've got some good skills with assembly, paint, and decals, so now would be a good time to take it up to the next level - putty and sand those seem lines. When you've gained confidence in doing that you will have all of the basic skills you'll need to tackle any kit.

Seriously, though if the seem lines don't bother you then forget about working them out and ust keep having fun! That's what realy matters!

Both are looking good! Like Jardann said it's a lot of fun to see all of these classic kits being built of late.

Now your next assignment, should you choose to accept it is to work out those seem lines!

it looks like you've got some good skills with assembly, paint, and decals, so now would be a good time to take it up to the next level - putty and sand those seem lines. When you've gained confidence in doing that you will have all of the basic skills you'll need to tackle any kit.

Seriously, though if the seem lines don't bother you then forget about working them out and ust keep having fun! That's what realy matters!

thanks for the nice complement, im guilty as charged in regards to putting up panel lines.. im too scared to do it.. i have a very wiggly hands or fingers to be precise.. i dont have a steady hands :(

im practicing on bandai before goin to hasegawa kits.. these bandai kits are cheap here on my country.

Looking good Jet. If you don't mind the input, I've got a few tips to help you out. It looks like your paint isn't covering well in the corners. I'd suggest washing the parts in dish soap and mildly warm water. The plastic molds are covered with a release compound (waxy substance) and the molded plastic has that on the outside. The paint (especially if it's water based) will bead up and glues are less effective.

Also, don't be afraid to tackle the seams. If you put a good amount of glue on the seam where safe (solvent or super glue) the seam will be sealed with a bead of glue or dissolved plastic. Let it dry and sand it off. If the seam is really bad, that will need putty (another topic).

You're doing great in the painting and decaling departments. A smooth seam will make life a lot easier on you. Yes, the sanding stinks, but it's the price yuo pay for a quality build. Keep up the good work and DON'T GET DISCOURAGED. Keep it a hobby and not a task or you'll get burned out. ^_^ - MT

Looking good Jet. If you don't mind the input, I've got a few tips to help you out. It looks like your paint isn't covering well in the corners. I'd suggest washing the parts in dish soap and mildly warm water. The plastic molds are covered with a release compound (waxy substance) and the molded plastic has that on the outside. The paint (especially if it's water based) will bead up and glues are less effective.

Also, don't be afraid to tackle the seams. If you put a good amount of glue on the seam where safe (solvent or super glue) the seam will be sealed with a bead of glue or dissolved plastic. Let it dry and sand it off. If the seam is really bad, that will need putty (another topic).

You're doing great in the painting and decaling departments. A smooth seam will make life a lot easier on you. Yes, the sanding stinks, but it's the price you pay for a quality build. Keep up the good work and DON'T GET DISCOURAGED. Keep it a hobby and not a task or you'll get burned out. ^_^ - MT

Nice battroid mode the style of those older kits has a vintage look that newer models just doesn't have. I like how you accentuated the panel lines yet some of the edges needs a little putty and sanding. The decals are applied cleanly and there is a clear distinction to the area and size they are applied. I wonder what newer Hasagawa decals would look like on a kit like this? Did you paint this with any paint or is it just the natural color I'm seeing? In any case this is a perfectly done kit thanks for the nostalgia makes me wish I was better at these things when they were out.