1/48 VF-1S Reissue!!!

recon

Hiya guys,

After work today, i pop down to Wondershowcase to check out any new items that Noel (Blackaces) has recently brought in from Japan and at the same time to chat. To my surprise and astonishment, the 1/48 VF-1S and VF-1As reissues have arrived. Immediately i grabbed 2 sets of the 1/48 VF-1S reissues which Noel kindly wrapped each of them in translucent plastic wrappers. Its a nice surprise as i expected the reissues to be released somewhat later in december. At the same time i placed a deposit for the upcoming Masterpiece Optimus Prime from Takara. Nows all that needed to complete my 1/48 DYRL collection is the 1/48 VF-1J/Fps.....and maybe a 1/48 GPB armor..... please Yamato? So guys in singapore, if you have missed out on the intial releases of the 1/48 VF-1S Roy and 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru, just pop down to Wondershowcase. By the way, i check the quality of the reissues, they have all the improved features that was incorporated in the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru...Skull emblems straight, Seam along the S head minimised, Improved nosecone and flaps,Improved 'easier opening' front landing gear doors. Noticed the gap along fuselage area is minimised, but the pilot retains the old sculpt. So VF-1S Hikaru and VF-1J and Low Vis at the moment have the unique pilot sculpts that are different from the rest of the DYRL series. Box appearance still remains the same, color black, no version or print indicating reissues, so guys check your purchase carefully when you are purchasing the reissues.

Sorry for the rant.... :lol:;):p

No pictures by ways guys, sorry cos i dun have a digicam and in addition the valks are sealed up MISB. Maybe Noel could kindly take some pictures of the box to show ya.

Thanks Noel for the service, help and friendship.

Cheers

Edited by recon

How about the 90% arm bend? Both arms can do the 90% arm bend?

Thanks.

I had this problem too. I took the forearms a part and changed the grear around. It is only one screw. Now they all bend 90 degress (old Roy and Hikaru). Now I have to just figure out how to tighten the right wing.

are you talking about VF-1S Focker jet? it comes out? but I didin't find it on HLJ or 1999 :(

is this rerelease with FAST PACK?

No, this is a re-release of the original VF-1S Roy and VF-1A Hikaru with the same improvements featured on the VF-1A Max and low-vis: face seam on 1S head is less noticeable (as on the new Hikaru 1S), nose cone has a better attachement mechanism, head rest is changed, nose landing gear doors easier to open, canopy isn't loose...I think that's everything. Someone correct me if I've left anything out. You can still order it at Twin Moons. I checked Blasto Toys and Valkyrie-Exchange as well, but didn't see them.

Edited by Draykov

hi guys,

Sorry for the late updates. Bad news guys!!! :(:angry: It seems that Yamato corrected part of the problems present on the 1st issue of the VF-1S Roy. I checked the 1/48 VF-1S which i gave to my cousin as a birthday gift and found out:

1) Crooked Skull Fixed.

2) Arms able to bend 90 degrees.

3) Head seam still present but slightly close up. :(

4) Gap along fuselage present :(

As well as the other improvements incorporated in the low vis and max versions that Graham mentioned. Really dunch know why there is a contrast in the quality between the VF-1S Hikaru and VF-1S Roy especially the head seam. Noticed another thing ...the S head for Roy has the Red dot but the S head for Hikaru has the Yellow dot...mixed up in production? :(

Thats all for now, sorry no pictures as mine is still MISB , aint got a digicam now.

Cheers

hi guys,

Sorry for the late updates. Bad news guys!!! :(:angry: It seems that Yamato corrected part of the problems present on the 1st issue of the VF-1S Roy. I checked the 1/48 VF-1S which i gave to my cousin as a birthday gift and found out:

1) Crooked Skull Fixed.

3) Head seam still present but slightly close up. :(

4) Gap along fuselage present :(

As well as the other improvements incorporated in the low vis and max versions that Graham mentioned. Really dunch know why there is a contrast in the quality between the VF-1S Hikaru and VF-1S Roy especially the head seam. Noticed another thing ...the S head for Roy has the Red dot but the S head for Hikaru has the Yellow dot...mixed up in production? :(

Thats all for now, sorry no pictures as mine is still MISB , aint got a digicam now.

Cheers

It's bad news that they made improvements? Or do you mean it's bad news that they released a sub-par 1S in the first place? Or are you suggesting that it still isn't "perfect" or something along those lines?

hi guys,

Sorry for the late updates. Bad news guys!!!  :(  :angry: It seems that Yamato corrected part of the problems present on the 1st issue of the VF-1S Roy. I checked the 1/48 VF-1S which i gave to my cousin as a birthday gift and found out:

1) Crooked Skull Fixed.

3) Head seam still present but slightly close up.  :(

4) Gap along fuselage present  :(

As well as the other improvements incorporated in the low vis and max versions that Graham mentioned. Really dunch know why there is a contrast in the quality between the VF-1S Hikaru and VF-1S Roy especially the head seam. Noticed another thing ...the S head for Roy has the Red dot but the S head for Hikaru has the Yellow dot...mixed up in production?  :(

Cheers

It's bad news that they made improvements? Or do you mean it's bad news that they released a sub-par 1S in the first place? Or are you suggesting that it still isn't "perfect" or something along those lines?

Sorry for the misunderstanding. ;)

What i meant was that they released a sub-par VF-1S Reissue as compared to the VF-1S Hikaru. The issues that were present in the first VF-1S were only partially corrected according to my observation. Head seam still present on the S head as compared to that of the VF-1S Hikaru. Gap along fuselage area still present as compared to VF-1S Hikaru, which is minimised. The only consolation are the new improvements that were present on the Low Vis, Max and VF-1S Hikaru were also incorporated on the VF-1S reissue. Crooked Skull emblem syndrome on the wings are also corrected.

Overall, im ok with it ....still love the VF-1S reissue.

Cheers

The issues that were present in the first VF-1S were only partially corrected according to my observation. Head seam still present on the S head as compared to that of the VF-1S Hikaru. Gap along fuselage area still present as compared to VF-1S Hikaru, which is minimised.

Well, it may just be my undying optimism, but I'm hoping these issues may vary from one Valk to another. There were some issues with the Hikaru 1S (paint on port wing being sloppy, loose air-brake, someone reported a loose canopy) that were not production wide, but limited to a few batches. I'm not wishing a shoddy product on you, just hoping for the best when I get mine. If the gap with the nose gear down and a face seam are the only issues though, I'll live. I still think it's the best VF-1 toy ever. :D

I think sometimes, we get so used to seeing great things from Yamato that when the reality of a QC issue rears its ugly head we feel like our perfect little world has just been shattered. I suppose it stems from paying so much for a toy. :blink:

Edited by Draykov

The issues that were present in the first VF-1S were only partially corrected according to my observation. Head seam still present on the S head as compared to that of the VF-1S Hikaru. Gap along fuselage area still present as compared to VF-1S Hikaru, which is minimised.

Well, it may just be my undying optimism, but I'm hoping these issues may vary from one Valk to another. There were some issues with the Hikaru 1S (paint on port wing being sloppy, loose air-brake, someone reported a loose canopy) that were not production wide, but limited to a few batches. I'm not wishing a shoddy product on you, just hoping for the best when I get mine. If the gap with the nose gear down and a face seam are the only issues though, I'll live. I still think it's the best VF-1 toy ever. :D

I think sometimes, we get so used to seeing great things from Yamato that when the reality of a QC issue rears its ugly head we feel like our perfect little world has just been shattered. I suppose it stems from paying so much for a toy. :blink:

Arrgghh..sorry me bad! ;)

Forgot to list a problem down. The airbrakes problem that are present on the Hikaru VF-1S are also also present on the VF-1S reissue. I think in other aspects it still locks down better than the VF-1S Hikaru except sometimes it pops out with much shaking or during transformation. If it remains stationary in battroid mode, the airbrakes will stay put.

Cheers

Well, it may just be my undying optimism, but I'm hoping these issues may vary from one Valk to another.

Yeah. . . I'd have to agree here. The parts being used are probably identical. . . so it's really just a question of how good/bad a day the person glue-ing/assembling the parts was having. Same goes for the QC checker. :)

H

Is there a way to differentiate the old and re-issue VF-1S by looking at the BOX???

From what I understand, no: the boxes are the same. An easy way to tell without opening the box would be to check out the headrest in the pilot's seat, but that won't really help if you're shopping for one on eBay or something.

Edited by Draykov

reading that from you kinda made me laugh a little...........

for all its worth

our Valkyrie Toys lay in the hands of the QC checker as you call it

:)

he holds the key

Has anyone else noticed that a BlackAces has been writing in Haikus for the last several weeks?

H