Final Fantasy XI

Vostok 7

go to your settings and increase the graphcsi quality. by default it;s set to very low.

go to the start menu, playonline ffxi

I had it set on the highest settings. I think I just expected too much from the graphics, since the game is what, 2 years old now?

It really does look good... Once I really started paying attention to the graphics, they're really great. There's more details than SWG had in alot of places. Though I still feel everything is a little too "plain" for my tastes. SWG's environments felt more alive, more realistic in that way... But, FFXI has one thing over SWG that makes all the difference... Enjoyability. FFXI doesn't get boring like SWG did. SWG got old... very very fast. FFXI has yet to do that for me.

Vostok 7

my friedn has been bitchign about sw galaxies too. chekc your pm i sen tyou a wp.

I agree, SWG did get old really fast. I canceled my account before the free month was up. It was really enjoyable for the first few days but after that, no matter where you went it was the same thing. I can't wait to finally get my hands on FFXI, will need to hit someone up for a worldpass though when that happens. Finals can't come sooner to be honest. :D I'm just dreading the long patch time, oh well I'll just make sure that day is a movie day so I'll entertained while I wait.

I agree, SWG did get old really fast. I canceled my account before the free month was up. It was really enjoyable for the first few days but after that, no matter where you went it was the same thing. I can't wait to finally get my hands on FFXI, will need to hit someone up for a worldpass though when that happens. Finals can't come sooner to be honest. :D I'm just dreading the long patch time, oh well I'll just make sure that day is a movie day so I'll entertained while I wait.

well i cna ge tyou a wp. the patch took me 40--50 minutes. it;s nto that bad.

The patching process did not take nearly as long as some ppl claimed. Sure.... installing the game takes a while, but it took me 25 minutes tops to patch the game, and I have bad internet. :)

As far as the game goes.... its good alright. Once you learn that walking around with the "form party" option turned on is actually a good idea.... things progress much more smoothly. :)

I can get you a WP..... and a few other ppl can too, though, Yosho managed to land on my server on his own.... after only a few tries. So its not terribly hard to get to the server you want.

As for me... I'm down for the count. I have no video card, and probably won't have any for another 2 weeks, probably more. :(

I agree, SWG did get old really fast. I canceled my account before the free month was up. It was really enjoyable for the first few days but after that, no matter where you went it was the same thing. I can't wait to finally get my hands on FFXI, will need to hit someone up for a worldpass though when that happens. Finals can't come sooner to be honest.  :D I'm just dreading the long patch time, oh well I'll just make sure that day is a movie day so I'll entertained while I wait.

The patching process did not take nearly as long as some ppl claimed. Sure.... installing the game takes a while, but it took me 25 minutes tops to patch the game, and I have bad internet. :)

As far as the game goes.... its good alright. Once you learn that walking around with the "form party" option turned on is actually a good idea.... things progress much more smoothly. :)

I can get you a WP..... and a few other ppl can too, though, Yosho managed to land on my server on his own.... after only a few tries. So its not terribly hard to get to the server you want.

As for me... I'm down for the count. I have no video card, and probably won't have any for another 2 weeks, probably more. :(

john lakshmi so we cna play!!

Hee hee, lonely me all by myself on Lakshmi. How you guys doing so far?

Mnk 30, War 5, Thf 15, Nin 4 right now.

Ah come on! If you were all by yourself you should've accepted that world pass. :p

I'm a lv13 War, lv6 Thf. I usually only play on weekends.... and now.... i can't play at all. :angry:

Hee hee, lonely me all by myself on Lakshmi.  How you guys doing so far?

Mnk 30, War 5, Thf 15, Nin 4 right now.

Ah come on! If you were all by yourself you should've accepted that world pass. :p

I'm a lv13 War, lv6 Thf. I usually only play on weekends.... and now.... i can't play at all. :angry:

heh, well not really. just in terms of MW people :/

We should all emigrate to Asura! :)

Hope you get a video card soon. I get so stressed out at work, I think I'd die if I couldn't come home to the compy and pop off a few vritual 3d baddies.

Erg... It took me long enough to get where I am (lvl 11 war, lvl 6 mnk) I don't need to start fresh on another server :(

Hm. I could start another character though. I've been thinking about starting a female something... just for the fun of it :lol:

Vostok 7

Erg... It took me long enough to get where I am (lvl 11 war, lvl 6 mnk) I don't need to start fresh on another server :(

Hm. I could start another character though. I've been thinking about starting a female something... just for the fun of it :lol:

Vostok 7

star on lakshmi. we cna play in 30 minutes

ali

*edit*

i am going tomake a macross world chat on th eplayonlien chat servers. int he final fantas11 area

once peoepl show up we cna talk or go and play

ali

Edited by Ali Sama

Vostok 7

I believe the emigration takes you over there in complete state. No loss of levels, etc. Gotta read up on it though. Too bad you can't select green hair :D

I believe the emigration takes you over there in complete state. No loss of levels, etc. Gotta read up on it though. Too bad you can't select green hair :D

Emigration? Dunno about that. All I know is you have to start a new character to be on another server.

Vostok 7

We should all play in one server... it would be better that way. Though.... timezone is a real pain for me. <_<

Hope you get a video card soon. I get so stressed out at work, I think I'd die if I couldn't come home to the compy and pop off a few vritual 3d baddies.

Seriously.... though Lament of Innocence has kept me afloat for the past few days.... I wonder how I managed to survive for so long with the sweet sweet sound of its theme song. :lol:

Edited by Abombz!!

It's kind of a shame that we're all on different servers. Not dissing the worldpass thing, but it really can be a bummer. Too bad the whole system doesn't exist on one world. That would be crazy :)))

Do other mmo's have the same system as ff11?

It's kind of a shame that we're all on different servers. Not dissing the worldpass thing, but it really can be a bummer. Too bad the whole system doesn't exist on one world. That would be crazy :)))

Do other mmo's have the same system as ff11?

Phantasy Star Online had the same system... but without the world passes I think. I remember the first time you played the game and created a character it would assign you directly into a server. Though.... PSO was far from being massive. :p

The world pass system has its obvious draw backs.... but it also keeps lags to a minumum.... which is awsome. i could stand SWG and its extreme lag when walking around cities. <_<

The world pass system has its obvious draw backs.... but it also keeps lags to a minumum.... which is awsome. i could stand SWG and its extreme lag when walking around cities. <_<

Yeah, that's why I described it as a blessing and a curse earlier.

I also couldn't stand the lag in SWG, though I imagine it was much worse for you than it was for me :(

Vostok 7

Jeez so much chatting without me being here, I'm not gonna move from my server, sorry it took me like 7 tries to get onto Unicorn with Abombz and Vostok. lvl 13 Red mage. Perhaps I should go do some other jobs?

Jeez so much chatting without me being here, I'm not gonna move from my server, sorry it took me like 7 tries to get onto Unicorn with Abombz and Vostok. lvl 13 Red mage. Perhaps I should go do some other jobs?

Yeah you should Yoh. I'm having fun as a Monk thanks to Abombz (she suggested it). I should have started as it.

Vostok 7

I stopped playing, I better cancel my subcription or else I'll get charged for it I think...I just haven't had time to play it nor do I really wanna right now...maybe again some other time...but it's a real pain right now to just travel around to get EXP.

I guess I should actually try to get some more lvls, instead of fishing then :D 2 Weeks? Hey abombz after 2 weeks tell us how many lvls you get.

You should try to get to lv30 before considering a class change.

By all means.... don't wait for me. If everything goes well.... I plan on making up for lost time in the weekend following the 17th.

Which classes do you guys plan on going through?

I plan on reaching lv30 on War, Thf, Ninja, Samurai and Dragoon. I plan on ending as a Dragoon/Samurai. :)

I started on monk, and it's kind of a shame as it seems that monk sub is only good for warrior. I want to work towards Ninja/Monk in the end I suppose, but I'll toy with every single class. I just need to wait for people to catch up so we can go for the advance jobs as a party instead of one man trying to bum rush his way in and getting slaughtered. So far, my official tally solo:

Class - Deaths attempting to obtain flag

Dark Knight - 0

Ranger - 1

Paladin - 1

Summoner - 2

Ninja - 1

For the record, I had 2 level 60 paladins help me through the ninja quest and I still got killed. I fear dragoon and samurai.

I will finish off being a Red Mage, cuz I like all the cool spells. Next thing I wanna do is try some theif skills, and for a second lvl job I was thinking summoner or dragooner.

I prolly shouldn't say anything until I get high enough for it.