Yukikaze

JRock

Yall may have heard of this. But here it goes. I got this from animeondvd.com

According to an article on Anime News Network, the Gonzo OVA series Yukikaze is set to hit the street on 02/17/2004 and be a part of Bandai's Platinum Line. Unlike past Platinum releases, there will be two distinct editions coming out in regards to the discs themselves. The regular edition will include a Dolby Digital 5.1 Soundtrack in English and the Japanese 2.0 mix as well as one hour of extras. The Limited Edition DVD set will come with 2 DVDs and will include 5.1 DTS tracks for both Japanese and English dubs, will include all the extras from the regular edition as well as an exclusive Yukikaze flight patch (jacket / bag sew on patch). The DVDs will be priced at $29.98 for the regular edition and $39.98 for the limited edition.

For those who wanted to see the series, but didn't feel like D/L the fansubs. Here you go :)

Mmmm... Limited Edition with Yukikaze flight patch.  I hope its the FAF insignia and not some lame thing.

oh ya, because FAF isn't lame? *fairy* air force! eheheh, the patch should get you into a few san francisco bars for free.

jk, i love yukikaze.

:lol:

I'm pretty psyched too. I can finally stop looking for the fansubs and wait for this official release. Woohoo!!

So I have to buy a lame patch just to get a better DVD? Gee, thanks Bandai.

Or you could buy a better DVD just to get a lame patch :D

I'm an optimist when it comes to Anime releases.

Except when it's being distributed by Manga.

I expected to see this on R1 in late '04, so this is a delight to get it in three months time. Lame patch or not.

I'm curious as to why the regular US discs only have 2.0 for the Japanese track when the Japanese discs are in the 5.1. You'd think it'd be easier to just transfer straight across instead of having to go through the trouble of a new format.

Interesting, didn't know that the Yukikaze novel was written by the same guy who did Teiki wa Kaizouku (The Enemy Is the Pirate).

Has episode 3 been subbed yet? I really want to like Yukikaze, but if the next episode doesn't WOW me with some characterization or some semblence of a plot, then I'm done.

Episode 3 was subbed a bit back - you should search it out, it redeems the show after the crapfest that was the second episode.