Defying Gravity

After three episodes, I can already tell that this is a show that I'm going to like. And I don't even enjoy shows like Lost or BSG or Grey's Anatomy, which this show is directly compared to. It's mostly about relationships, which is a topic that I normally can't stand, but it also comes with an underlying plot thread about the hows and whys of what's going on and that's what's really got me hooked.

Any of you peeps have thoughts on this?

Nope, it's on right now. Well, Sunday nights at 9pm :p As I said before, I'm rather surprised at how much I'm enjoying this show. I'm not a big TV fan, nor a fan of "relationship drama", but this one has me hooked, dubios science an' all ^_^ Though I will say that I figure it'll be much more enjoyable watching the whole show on DVD when I can keep track of all the plots and little drop-ins about the overarching story/mystery.

Nope, it's on right now. Well, Sunday nights at 9pm :p As I said before, I'm rather surprised at how much I'm enjoying this show. I'm not a big TV fan, nor a fan of "relationship drama", but this one has me hooked, dubios science an' all ^_^ Though I will say that I figure it'll be much more enjoyable watching the whole show on DVD when I can keep track of all the plots and little drop-ins about the overarching story/mystery.

What kind of dubious science does this show have I have not watched it, but don't care if I am spoiled?

Parts of their ship (which looks a lot like Discovery One from 2001) rotate and parts don't. Gravity is easily explained on the rotating sections, but in order to simulate gravity in the non-rotating sections their jumpsuits have "nanofibres in them" which pulls them down onto the deckplate. Neat, but doesn't explain why their hair still feels gravity. In another example, a crewmember is testing a spacesuit when she's pulled out an airlock. Fortunatly she was wearing a teather, so all they had to do was reel her back in. The character reeling her back in is tugging, tugging, tugging and when she gets back to the airlock, she runs into him with the force of several tugs instead of the several dozen that he'd been pulling.

Again, some of this is very nit-picky but it does stand out when noticed.

Also, I have but this to say about your avatar: Bark!