New Transformable 1/72 VF-1?

Budokhan

Hey Gang!

I'm new to the forums here & have always been into mecha modeling but havent really kept up with MACROSS related kits for some years now. I'm just getting back into it & am looking for a relatively well-done, fully transformable VF-1 kit in 1/72. After thoroughly researching it, I got the new VF-25F Alto from BANDAI & have to say its a gorgeous kit! What I'd love to get is something that has nearly the level of detail as the Static HASEGAWA kits and the transformablilty of the BANDAI '97 reissue of the 1/72 Variable Valkyrie VF-1S.

Has anyone ( other than Yamato toys , personally dont care for 1/60 so much..) made anything like this in 1/72? If not mebbe we could get a petition of some sort together for BANDAI to make a new kit of the VF-1 thats comparable to the design level of the new VF-25F kit.

Thanks in advance for any help folks! :D

Hey Gang!

I'm new to the forums here & have always been into mecha modeling but havent really kept up with MACROSS related kits for some years now. I'm just getting back into it & am looking for a relatively well-done, fully transformable VF-1 kit in 1/72. After thoroughly researching it, I got the new VF-25F Alto from BANDAI & have to say its a gorgeous kit! What I'd love to get is something that has nearly the level of detail as the Static HASEGAWA kits and the transformablilty of the BANDAI '97 reissue of the 1/72 Variable Valkyrie VF-1S.

Has anyone ( other than Yamato toys , personally dont care for 1/60 so much..) made anything like this in 1/72? If not mebbe we could get a petition of some sort together for BANDAI to make a new kit of the VF-1 thats comparable to the design level of the new VF-25F kit.

Thanks in advance for any help folks! :D

Nope.

Closest you'll get to 1/72 are the old Bandai kits, which have parts exchange design and they're not very good in my opinion. Other than that you're not gonna see anything "new" wise. And the 1/60's calling them "not good" or "Not interested" or anything to fans here is rather insulting as they're pretty good ;)

Closest you'll get to 1/72 are the old Bandai kits, which have parts exchange design and they're not very good in my opinion. Other than that you're not gonna see anything "new" wise. And the 1/60's calling them "not good" or "Not interested" or anything to fans here is rather insulting as they're pretty good ;)

I think the poster meant he didn't care for the scale size of the Yamato toys, not the quality of them.

Vifam7 wrote:

QUOTE (Hikuro @ Aug 3 2009, 09:37 PM)

Closest you'll get to 1/72 are the old Bandai kits, which have parts exchange design and they're not very good in my opinion. Other than that you're not gonna see anything "new" wise. And the 1/60's calling them "not good" or "Not interested" or anything to fans here is rather insulting as they're pretty good

I think the poster meant he didn't care for the scale size of the Yamato toys, not the quality of them

You nailed it on the head!

I honestly wasnt trying to be insulting to others here & if I came off sounding that way I humbly apologize but what Vifam7 said was accurate....I'm not referring to the quality of the 1/60 Yamato stuff ( which is very very nice indeed) but rather the scale, its just not my personal favorite scale. I've been a 1/72 scale junkie since I was a kid! I had so many of the old 1/72 ROBOTECH/Bandai variable Valk kits I may as well have had my name engraved outside on the parent companies' wall saying" One of the cornerstones of our business". I was hoping that Maybe Bandai or some other company had decided to give new life to an old "transformable" friend in 1/72.

Hope that clears up the misunderstanding! :)

Well since he was discussing model kits not toys I would assume he wouldn't be interested in toys. Don't play with toys build models :)

If you want to see a more current build of one of the old Bandai VF's here's a link to one of my old buildups, they can be made to look pretty decent with a little TLC.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...;hl=super+vf-1d

Actually, out of all the older Macross Valkeries, I think the 1/72nd transformable was the most accurate before Hasegawa made their non-transformable one. It only needs some seam work to make it look good. The joint do become loose with age like all articulated models. There are also weapons store points on the wings, plus the gunpod expands! What else could you want? ^_^ - MT