MY FIRST MACROSS F MODEL KIT

shinagami

So glad to have inspired someone (that's really the purpose of the step-by-step threads, and to vent sometimes;-) I'm afraid it really is a dying art, brick and mortar shops are closing up all over the place and I don't know a single young person into modeling, I guess video games are more immediate. Delayed gratification is a virtue of the old;-) hehe.

So did you apply the Tamiya weathing powders to the gloss coat after the smoke post shading? I haven't really used much of the Tamiya weathering stuff, but have one set which I experimented on the Atmospheric Booster Launch Rail, and found out that it only applied well over a flat/matte base.

yes sir, modeling is a dying art....even here in malaysia most of the local hobby shop i knew closed.....have to opt. for online ordering

i did use the tamiya weathering powder abit....true it works better over a flat coat, but most of it i use a black charcoal powder....similar to your method. i've read some tutorials over the internet recently and found out some of them used something called pigment powder.....don't know what is it but will find out more, the result really is superb though B)) ....

Wow! Very Nice work! I don't think I've seen anyone do a model with the Ghosts yet.

As for the disappearing of hobby shops, i still have three here locally that have a nice selection, but as far as price goes it's cheaper to buy online. I remember when I could get a decent detailed aircraft kit for about ten bucks. Now they are in the $40-$50 range and the details suck. I still have some old kits that i use for kitbashing and i have stuff like jet engine details and detailed cockpits. Sad.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...