What kind of computer do u have?

Daishi3500

I got a Question, I need to upgrade my Video Card this Xmas, and I have $200 to blow on it, should I get an ATI Radeon 9700 128mb(non-pro) or a G-Force FX 9700 Ultra 128mb ? they are both worth about $200. But still unsure which one to pick.

ATI is still pretty much on top at the moment, but Nvidia's offerings are nothing to sneeze at. According to Pricewatch.com, a Radeon 9800SE w/128 from Sapphire Technology can be had for $155 w/ free FedEx shipping at Newegg.com.

Sapphire makes good, stable, reliable cards. The 9800 is clocked slightly higher than the 9700 and uses slightly faster RAM. I don't know what you'll be able to find locally, so perhaps there is a place that might have a better deal. If I were to upgrade from my GF4 Ti4400, I'd more than likely get at least a 9800.

Sapphire's Product page

I'll probably end up buying something from newegg.com, I usually buy from them.

So you saying the Radeon 9800 SE w/128mb is better than the 9700 128mb(non-pro)?

Wooo! Max reopens the topic so I can brag too! :lol:

My home system:

- Asus mother with a New Pent 4 HT 3 gig processor

- 1 gig DDR RAM

- SB Audigy 2 sound card for output

- ATI Raedon 9800 Pro graphics card

- Denon receiver and speakers with 6.1 Dolby Digital for sound

- New Dell 21" trini monitor

- Bigass hard drive, DVD and CDRW drives

- one happy owner

I find it humorous that the mods themselves can't agree, and interpret the guidelines completely differently. Anyways, my PC is so old (I plan to replace within 12 months, hopefully before the HD dies) I won't go into many specifics. Suffice to say, 500mhz, 128MB.

1 - First is the oldest and curently used as my firewall

AMD 550 mhz

128mb ram

20g HD

20x CD Drive

and some shitty 2mb graphic card :lol:

Runs Debian (Linux, and SCO can kiss my @$$)

2 - Gaming Rig

AMD XP 2200+

512mb ram

20g HD + 80g HD (to store animes)

52x CD Drive

DVD + CDRW don't remember the speed, it's an old one

ATI 8500 Radeon + 2 computer screens (I highly recommend that B)) )

Runs crappy Windows XP :angry:

I find it humorous that the mods themselves can't agree, and interpret the guidelines completely differently.

No, we don't consult eachother for every decision. After Focker explained himself, I agree with him. I find it humorous that some members presume to know what goes on behind the scenes. ;)