What I think about the figure buyers

shadow strikers

Many of you aren't collectors I understand that but you guys sell your figure the next because a better version of so and so came out the next day, then you waste money on parts and accessories for these figures only to sell the whole thing the next day for under half the amount of money you spent on it, and now your wondering why you don't have enough money to by what you want. Just keep your figures for collector reasons and admire what you have, because one day you will take all of this for granted and you will lose it all.

Edit1: whats the point in buying macross toys if your just gonna sell them and waste all that money for nothing, and if you sell them because you ran out of room then consider storing some in their boxes or buying some kind of shed thing. Sure new figures came out but that doesn't mean I'm gonna sell my 1/48's VF-1A angel bird, VF-1S 20th anniversary Roy Fokker figure, or my VF-1J Millia figure, or my 1/60 SV-51A, or my VF-1A tv ver max, or my 1/100 scale VF-1A hikkaru or how ever you spell it Max and VF-1S Roy Fokker. New figures will always come out and they will come and go while you waste more money in the end for something that you sell later for below half its price.

Edit2: well if you guys need to pay bills and things like that, that is a good reason other then that what's the point.

Edited by shadow strikers

You sound more disturbed than those that actually goes through what you described above. When you're old enough to pay your own bills and mortgage(s) in the real world, then you will understand the reasons why people do what they do.

You sound more disturbed than those that actually goes through what you described above. When you're old enough to pay your own bills and mortgage(s) in the real world, then you will understand the reasons why people do what they do.

I pay for things don't want to say what but I mean if you need the money that's something else other then that its a waste.

it's all about making compromises... there are things we called "constraints" even in the realms of toy collecting, there are few constraints one must consider.. to name two of it - Space and Money.

moreover, some hobbyist find satisfaction not really on keeping them, but "THE HUNT" itself.. the satisfaction and overwhelming feeling of getting hold of something you've been wanting to get..

Edited by MaveRick

One perspective is:

This is common in life.

We want something (A) so we get it.

Later on something better comes around (B) that makes (A) loose its appeal in perspective so we sell (A) to get (B).

If we knew that (B) was going to exist then we may have never gotten (A).

However some people like to have (A) and (B) and everything else.

It is a bit of human nature to want things. And also to rarely be satisfied, always wanting more.

Edited by miriya

Good point omega pants. It is true.

Also I was just thinking about how badly I want the new V.2 1/60 Yamato Ostrich and Elintseekers but that I also want to keep my first version ones. Still it is a bit of an absurdity.

Many of you aren't collectors I understand that but you guys sell your figure the next because a better version of so and so came out the next day, then you waste money on parts and accessories for these figures only to sell the whole thing the next day for under half the amount of money you spent on it, and now your wondering why you don't have enough money to by what you want. Just keep your figures for collector reasons and admire what you have, because one day you will take all of this for granted and you will lose it all.

Edit1: whats the point in buying macross toys if your just gonna sell them and waste all that money for nothing, and if you sell them because you ran out of room then consider storing some in their boxes or buying some kind of shed thing. Sure new figures came out but that doesn't mean I'm gonna sell my 1/48's VF-1A angel bird, VF-1S 20th anniversary Roy Fokker figure, or my VF-1J Millia figure, or my 1/60 SV-51A, or my VF-1A tv ver max, or my 1/100 scale VF-1A hikkaru or how ever you spell it Max and VF-1S Roy Fokker. New figures will always come out and they will come and go while you waste more money in the end for something that you sell later for below half its price.

Edit2: well if you guys need to pay bills and things like that, that is a good reason other then that what's the point.

because if you do the buying and selling correctly, you can make your hobby free.

i ended up selling off a bunch of my macross collection(almost all of which was 100% profit)to start a skateboard business.

i still have quite a few toys that i kept and if need be, i'll sell them to fund another business venture.

besides, its only a waste if you don't get anything out of it.

Check the for sale thread and see what prices people are asking for for 1/48s and new 1/60 valks. It's hardly half price, or else I'd be there to buy them. And if you are talking about v.1 1/60, those are an old out dated model.