Evangelion 3.0 & Evanglion: Final

Just a starter thread for these two films. Not much in the way of info available yet. Not even release dates to my knowledge. Anybody have better info on these films? Was there a trailer at the end of 2.0? We would love to know.....

Taksraven

Just a starter thread for these two films. Not much in the way of info available yet. Not even release dates to my knowledge. Anybody have better info on these films? Was there a trailer at the end of 2.0? We would love to know.....

Taksraven

I can tell you tomorrow. ^_^

I have noticed, though, that the title of 3.0 seems to have changed.

The Japanese subtitles for the movies are (as everyone probably knows) Jo (序), Ha (破), and Kyuu (急).

(I can't think of any good way to translate them into English. They usually get represented as "Prelude," "Division," and "Quickening," but those meanings don't fit here. Noh plays are divided into three "acts," and the acts are not numbered, but titled "Jo," "Ha," and "Kyuu." So it really should be something like Beginning, Middle and End, or Introduction, Development, and Climax.)

Anyway, 3.0 no longer appears to be called 急, but rather "Q." No idea why, unless it's just for cleverness's sake.

Luckily for all of us, not only was there a preview for Eva 3.0 at the end of the movie, but the program booklet (which is entertainingly sealed with a sticker that says -in English- "WARNING! Do not open this before watching the movie") has the dialogue from the preview printed at the end.

I'm too tired to work on it now, but I'll get it tomorrow or the next.

I can tell you the last line though: "All right! We'll give you lots of service service in the next movie, too!"

The Japanese subtitles for the movies are (as everyone probably knows) Jo (序), Ha (破), and Kyuu (急).

(I can't think of any good way to translate them into English. They usually get represented as "Prelude," "Division," and "Quickening," but those meanings don't fit here. Noh plays are divided into three "acts," and the acts are not numbered, but titled "Jo," "Ha," and "Kyuu." So it really should be something like Beginning, Middle and End, or Introduction, Development, and Climax.)

Anyway, 3.0 no longer appears to be called 急, but rather "Q." No idea why, unless it's just for cleverness's sake.

I think they're still keeping the Noh acts naming. Say "Q" out loud.

See? ;)

I think they're still keeping the Noh acts naming. Say "Q" out loud.

See? ;)

Yeah, that's why I said "for cleverness's sake." I guess I didn't make that clear enough.

Actually it seems to be incorporating BOTH meanings, since the letter Q had the word "QUICKENING" written under it.

Luckily for all of us, not only was there a preview for Eva 3.0 at the end of the movie, but the program booklet (which is entertainingly sealed with a sticker that says -in English- "WARNING! Do not open this before watching the movie") has the dialogue from the preview printed at the end.

I'm too tired to work on it now, but I'll get it tomorrow or the next.

I can tell you the last line though: "All right! We'll give you lots of service service in the next movie, too!"

Turns out I didn't need to...found this on evageeks.org (translation by RockManBalls):

Eva Unit-01 is frozen with Rei and Shinji still inside.

An abandoned Fortress City. NERV personnel confined.

Eva Unit-06 is dropped into Dogma. Quickening* Eva Unit-08 and it's pilot.

And finally a meeting of the children with pre-determined fates.

Truly, where will our story of the human desire to live lead?

Next time in:

Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Q

~Quickening~

Get ready for more fan service next time, okay?!

*Quickening, as in the title of the next film, has something to do with fetuses. They use the Japanese equivalent here.

Japanese text:

レイとシンジを取り込んだまま凍結されるエヴァ初号機。

廃棄される要塞都市。幽閉されるネルフ関係者。

ドグマへと投下されるエヴァ6号機。胎動するエヴァ8号機とそのパイロット。

ついに集う、運命を仕組まれた子供達。

果たして、生きることを望む人々の物語は、どこへ続くのか。

次回

ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:Q

~Quickening~

さぁ~て、この次も、サービス、サービスゥ!

Turns out I didn't need to...found this on evageeks.org (translation by RockManBalls):

Eva Unit-01 is frozen with Rei and Shinji still inside.

An abandoned Fortress City. NERV personnel confined.

Eva Unit-06 is dropped into Dogma. Quickening* Eva Unit-08 and it's pilot.

And finally a meeting of the children with pre-determined fates.

Truly, where will our story of the human desire to live lead?

Next time in:

Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Q

~Quickening~

Get ready for more fan service next time, okay?!

*Quickening, as in the title of the next film, has something to do with fetuses. They use the Japanese equivalent here.

Japanese text:

レイとシンジを取り込んだまま凍結されるエヴァ初号機。

廃棄される要塞都市。幽閉されるネルフ関係者。

ドグマへと投下されるエヴァ6号機。胎動するエヴァ8号機とそのパイロット。

ついに集う、運命を仕組まれた子供達。

果たして、生きることを望む人々の物語は、どこへ続くのか。

次回

ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:Q

~Quickening~

さぁ~て、この次も、サービス、サービスゥ!

How bizzare

I can tell you tomorrow. ^_^

I have noticed, though, that the title of 3.0 seems to have changed.

So is Duncan McCloud going to make an appearance? :p

No.

Evangelion is good, not a schlocky B-movie franchise.

It seems you need a Sarcasm to English translation guide Gubaba.

In case you haven't noticed, I bolded the word "Quickining" when I quoted your post.

Edited by Wanzerfan

It seems you need a Sarcasm to English translation guide Gubaba.

I guess I must, since the biting wit, devastating social commentary, and layered irony implicit in your comment have certainly escaped me. :p

but enough thread-derailing. Do you have any contribution to the Eva 3.0 discussion?

Edited by Gubaba

• 1 month later...
Only that I saw the first half of the Evangelion series when Cartoon Network aired it. Needless to say I bailed when I found out it was cut.

*sigh* That has NOTHING to do with Eva 3.0...but nice try.

I'm stil wondering if Eva-07 is going to show up, or will it be another "MIA" Eva, like -04.

I can finally start watching these, I was waiting until they were all out because I that way I don't have to wait...I'm going to do a marathon.

Er...Eva 2.0 just came out, like, a month and a half ago...3.0 and Final are probably a year and a half away from their debut.

well i meant 1.0 and 2.0 I know I wont see 3.0 yet

Well, 1.0 is coming out in R1 DVD...next month or the month after.

There's a truly crappy camrip of 2.0 floating around the torrent sites, but I'd avoid it if I were you. The official R2 DVD should be out late this year.

Well, 1.0 is coming out in R1 DVD...next month or the month after.

There's a truly crappy camrip of 2.0 floating around the torrent sites, but I'd avoid it if I were you. The official R2 DVD should be out late this year.

ya i saw it. I cant believe camrips can now be classified as good and bad.

ya i saw it. I cant believe camrips can now be classified as good and bad.

I have to admit I've only seen a total of two camrips in my life...Eva 2.0 (and I didn't even watch the whole thing...just refrshed my memory of selected highlights) and (many, many years ago) Jurassic Park. But I watched that one because one of my friends had SPECIFICALLY sought it down. It was shaky, 1993, handheld VHS camcorder quality...totally unremarkable until about halfway through, when a voice next to the camera said, "Excuse me, sir. Could you come with us?" And then the camera shut off. :lol:

Anyway, I assumed that possibly there were good camrips these days. I guess I was mistaken. ^_^