1/48 vs 1/60 v.2

niVL@Boy

Hi guys,

Been a lurker here for a year now...time for me to formally introduce myself.....

I started collecting the 1/60 v2 when they were just released because of the price difference then compared to the 1/48.

The only 1/48 I have is the VF-1J Stealth with SSP.....i marvelled at the size and details of it.......but told myself "Nah, focus on the 1/60 v2, they're cheaper"

Lately I've been noticing quite a number of 1/48s on the secondary market and some of them at a very attractive price too.....

Just saw the 1/48 M&M going for SGD360 a pair (about USD240).....and I'm really tempted to get them instead of waiting for Yamato to launch the v2 M&M(which i think I'll grab them as well at that point in time).

The thought that comes to mind is...why get the 1/60s when i could get the 1/48s at the same price......thanks to the appreciating yen 1/60s just don't seem to be econimal anymore..... <_<

What are your thoughts?

Lately I've been noticing quite a number of 1/48s on the secondary market and some of them at a very attractive price too.....

Just saw the 1/48 M&M going for SGD360 a pair (about USD240).....and I'm really tempted to get them instead of waiting for Yamato to launch the v2 M&M(which i think I'll grab them as well at that point in time).

I would get these 2 from either HLJ or Angolz where they are both cheaper. HLJ had Max for $120 and Milia for $90, while Angolz had them at $97.

I think Yamato will launch Max and Milia in the v2 series later this year. It's inevitable in my opinion, as the VF-1J and TV FAST packs have already been tooled up, both are popular characters and easy money makers compared to the other TV releases for this year.

The thought that comes to mind is...why get the 1/60s when i could get the 1/48s at the same price......thanks to the appreciating yen 1/60s just don't seem to be econimal anymore..... dry.gif

What are your thoughts?

It depends on where you buy them from. Some stores still sell specific 1/48's at cost. Only the shelfwarmers are being clearanced off, Hikaru and Roy's valks tend to sell well enough on their own with enough to demand to sustain the msrp.

I prefer the v2 1/60 because it feels more solid and constructed better(pre-Max shoulder hinges aside). It is the most toyetic VF-1 toy that Yamato has made to date, yet retains a lot of detail, and surpasses the 1/48 in some aspects.

The 1/48 remains the most detailed VF-1 to date, but the v2 in my opinion, is better to fiddle with. Both are very durable toys(aside the v2 shoulder hinges).

1/48 miria pilot does not have boobs.

heck she has a male shoulder and hip structure!

she was just a repaint of max and i couldnt stand it,

damn it's creepy

the new 1/60 v2 will surely have a feminine miria.

STAY AWAY from the 1/48 miria vf-1j at all costs is what i say

Come on... You don't buy the Millia VF-1J for her boobs do you? I'd say it's a bargain to get it the dirt-cheap 1/48 M&M now.

If I can only have ONE valk out of the pool (1/48 + 1/60v2), I'll get a 1/48 for sure.

If I have to pick one line (1/48 or 1/60), that's a difficult question. The 1/48s are big and look menancing. The 1/60 come with more possibilities (Destroids, possibily enemy mechs). They both look beautiful in my eyes. The 1/60 has improvements here and there; but the 1/48 size cannot be beaten.

The 1/48s are in line with the 1/60 M0, M+ and MF valks in terms of physical size.

The 1/60s are in line with the 1/60s in terms of scale.

If you ask me... I've got them both.

1/48 miria pilot does not have boobs.

heck she has a male shoulder and hip structure!

she was just a repaint of max and i couldnt stand it,

damn it's creepy

the new 1/60 v2 will surely have a feminine miria.

STAY AWAY from the 1/48 miria vf-1j at all costs is what i say

LOL, but valid point. Female pilots are meant to be sexy. B))

Saw the sales at HLJ as well....but plus shipping the price ain't pretty......the ones i saw was off the shelf prices.

I will wait for the v2 M&Ms in anticipation and no doubt grab them.

But still, the size & price of the 1/48 M&Ms are somewhat tempting..... :p

honkhet,

Nice to see fellow countryman here...haha....agree bout the miria pilot boob thingy...i wonder how they'll sculpt boobs on the 1/60 tiny pilots tough....

honkhet,

Nice to see fellow countryman here...haha....agree bout the miria pilot boob thingy...i wonder how they'll sculpt boobs on the 1/60 tiny pilots tough....

well they have done it for the 1/60 Nora,

they AVOIDED it obviously for the VF-1D minmay...

but there is no escape for the 1/60 ver2 VF-1J miria

The size and detail of the 1/48's are impressive. And they are going for very attractive prices now basically the same as a 1/60, so you get more VF for your money.

Though personally i have now sold off my 1/48's and are only going for 1/60's mainly because they will be in the same scale as the rest Yamato is doing.

It looks kinda off with a 1/48 VF-1 next to a 1/60 Destroid.

Edited by thankheaven

I guess yammies are sort of like retail theraphy to me. Everytime I come across a good deal, the valk demon in me awakens and takes control of my actions. Haha...

I'm suppose to save up to get a place of our own with my other half. If she ever finds out I spent thousands of dollars on a bunch of planes that looks identical (at least to her), I'll be jerking myself off for a long long time....:)

On a serious note. I do have 4 1/48s thAt i'd love to have in my collection.

Roy VF-1S, Hikaru VF-1J w GBP and M&M.

I guess yammies are sort of like retail theraphy to me. Everytime I come across a good deal, the valk demon in me awakens and takes control of my actions. Haha...

I'm suppose to save up to get a place of our own with my other half. If she ever finds out I spent thousands of dollars on a bunch of planes that looks identical (at least to her), I'll be jerking myself off for a long long time....:)

And make that Roy 1S with Strike Parts.

These 4 are symbolic to the Macross Universe!

In MF, they should have a VF-1J or 1S on the roof of the academy. Not the 1A.

Dude, I'm in the exact same boat. My wife asks me all the time if I want her to buy me a valk for my birthday next month, and I keep telling her "no" so she wont find out how much they cost...

As far as 1/48 or 1/60, I only have the 1/48's, and I love them!!!!! :D

I guess I have to agree with you guys about the scale and improvements of the v2 1/60s.......

ultimateone.....sooner or later they'll find out.....they always do....haha......

Everytime she asks me the price, I'll mark it down by at least 60%.......I'm a sinner.....

I think I should take a step back and think properly if it's wise for me to grab the 1/48s.....as tempting as it could be, the recession is far from over....

and hugging my valks to sleep under a bridge isn't a pretty picture....

Thanks guys for the feedbacks....

As much as I love the 1/48 line, but there is just something about this 1/48 MnM that just doesn't seem to look right in my eyes. The other 1/48 such as the Stealth, LV1,LV2, etc just looks better.

Thats because the m&ms are bright red and blue! Not really a standard color that you would see on a fighter jet.