My VF-4 Build-up (REVISITED)

Less than Super Ostrich

LTSO,

That is beautiful! Don't worry about how you over did this or did not do enough of that. We all have these days and your work is great. It is much better than I could ever do right now.

I think you can actually skip the weathering as the clean look is very complementary to the lines of the VF-4. Now put your kids to sleep and lets see your next masterpiece!

BTW: I really like your base. Could you post a detail how to on that? I would love to make some for my in flight Valkyries when I get to them.

Edited by Neova

That looks fantastic LTSO!! Wow, now I want that resin re-cast - it was 1/72 scale was it not? A question about the re-cast, were there any tiny surface bubbles?

I love your stand, mine are all still on the crappy clothes-hangers, I would love to try that soon. How did you actually attach the acrylic rod to the plane - is it still removeable afterwards - it looks great, all you need is an "anytime baby" VF-4 Valk patch on your stand or maybe just the Macross Kite symbol.

Great build-up LTSO, congrats on another fine model - don't worry about the shading techniques, its just practice - I think your VF-4 looks great this way, I don't think the VF-4s saw much battle in flashback 2012 anyways. :p

Keep it up - and always, build more...

Edited by wm cheng

Thanks guys for all the encouragement. Especially you WM CHeng... you are really the inspiration for me getting back into the hobby. On to my next project... my half finished yukikaze super sylph from Bandai.

As for the stand, it couldn't have been easier to build. As I said before bending the acrylic rod was super easy with a coffee can, heat gun, and a pair of gloves. As for the stand. I just drilled a hole at an angle into the base. As for the attachment to the VF-4, all I did was drill two little holes in the acyrlic rods and the plane. Then I superglued two nails that I sawed in half into the base. Turned out great... you can barely see the attachment points underneath and you can take the plane off the stand fairly easily.

I'd love to put the Macross Kite on the stand, but I have NO idea how to accomplish that so it looks nice. I imagine I'll just paint it black (in the words of mick jagger).

Happy modeling all.

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

• 2 weeks later...
By the way... simultaneously with the VF-4, I am finishing my Yukikaze Super Sylph. It is the Bandai 1/100 version 1.5. Overall, I had the same problems as wm cheng... the connections between the wings and the fuselage SUCK... lots of Mr. Surfacer and copious amounts of sanding made it somewhat flush. I used a combo of dark grey and RLM grey from Tamiya's paints for the top base coat (underside will get a lighter shade of gray. The hook nose on the Super Sylph reminds me of the VF-4 (club-M version).

By the way, I also just finished the Yukikaze Super Sylph... anyone want to see pics or should I post them in "Other Anime" section of the boards?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...