Sci-Fi Directors you would love to see mauled

Starship Troopers was a fun movie none the less, I agree that it had very little to do with the book and NO Power Armor, I was bummed too. Still a fun & entertaining movie despite its rank of B-class actors. (The "B" stands for Beverly Hills 90210) But come on Doogie Howser M.D. as a General with mind control and a Nazi like uniform. Whats not to like!!! :p

The only thing good about that freaking flick is Michael Ironside, too bad even he couldn't save that hackjob.

The only good movie that douche-bag Verhoeven ever directed was the original Robocop (I don't blame Frank Miller for the garbage sequels, though, he just wrote the scripts and had absolutely no creative input; parts of Robocop 2 were filmed here in Houston if you didn't know).

This is easy.

I add my vote for the punching bag known as Paul Verhoven for Starship Troopers. Okay, so he didn't like the book or the ideas in the book, he didn't like Heinlien - as I recall Verhoven didn't even read the book! - blah,blah,blah... That sounds like the perfect reasons to NOT make the damn movie, but nooooo, instead he went ahead and made the movie and dumped used food all over a much beloved SF military classic. Not to mention that he didn't even include the powered armor. WTF?! When I was in the 82nd Airborne Div we passed Starship Troopers from one paratrooper to the next to read. It was like reading about us in the future and old Verhoven just trashed the story. I only hope somebody remakes it as it was ment to be made.

I think in the 'making of' they said they wanted to include the power armour in starship troopers but couldnt find a place for it, I enjoyed the film it was good gory fun,even if it did stray from the book i veiwed it as an independent piece, if you want power armour you could always watch Starship Troopers 3 : Marauder, lol Rico makes a comeback.

as for the topic, i say Paul W. Anderson and Uwe boll., Anderson isnt a bad director but his scripts suck ass,and it brings down his movies. Uwe..well everything he does is crap,from editing,camera angles and script work.

But come on Doogie Howser M.D. as a General with mind control and a Nazi like uniform. Whats not to like!!! :p

Word.

And besides, that movie has one of the best quotes of all time, given by no less than the great NPH himself: "It's afraid... it's AFRAID!" :p