DYRL exlu pic

mariesz

SO Misa just lays there and takes it huh, guess she is still a cold fish in bed, no passion in her actions at all.

Hmm...ok...the cristism is quite constructive. I had more or less that feeling too ...

What do you think if i change the position of the arms ?

post-11364-1238170259_thumb.jpg

A couple more comments, are they just making out naked at this point? If so, then the positioning might be ok, otherwise, Hikaru's back needs to be at more of an angle and Misa's legs should be openned more, possibly a little knees up. Right now they just look like two GI Joe figures lying on each other.

A couple more comments, are they just making out naked at this point? If so, then the positioning might be ok, otherwise, Hikaru's back needs to be at more of an angle and Misa's legs should be openned more, possibly a little knees up. Right now they just look like two GI Joe figures lying on each other.

That's why i made an another pic with a different position of the arms and posted it in the replies.

Did you take a look at it ? What do ya think ?

post-11364-1238193169_thumb.jpg

I see a continuity issue. During that time (when they're camping) Misa wasn't eating and in a major depression. For that picture to "happen" would mean Hikaru is taking advantage of her. They get intimate when their in the protoculture city ruins.

I see a continuity issue. During that time (when they're camping) Misa wasn't eating and in a major depression. For that picture to "happen" would mean Hikaru is taking advantage of her. They get intimate when their in the protoculture city ruins.

Wow, a bit technical aren't we? :rolleyes: It's very nice art.

Well...when i was drawing this pic i just think about prelimanaries. She doesn't have to reach that position yet.

But, that'll be interesting to change just a bit the position of Misa's left leg ... hmm..i'll change it and will let you know ...

Edited by mariesz

You did a nice job on the artwork, I like how you positioned the arms on the second version. Changing the position of her left leg will probably look pretty good. Are you gong to have her leg stay under the sheet or are you going to have it showing some? Also do you plan to add color to this artwork once you have it laid out the way you want it? Look forward to seeing version 3.

You did a nice job on the artwork, I like how you positioned the arms on the second version. Changing the position of her left leg will probably look pretty good. Are you gong to have her leg stay under the sheet or are you going to have it showing some? Also do you plan to add color to this artwork once you have it laid out the way you want it? Look forward to seeing version 3.

Well...i was thinking about leaving her leg under the sheet... i 'd like it to be a bit suggestive.

I'll work on it tomorrow...

I'd like it to be coloured too... but i don't know if i'm good enough for that work ! lol

Well...i was thinking about leaving her leg under the sheet... i 'd like it to be a bit suggestive.

I'll work on it tomorrow...

I'd like it to be coloured too... but i don't know if i'm good enough for that work ! lol

If you are worried about your coloring skills you could make a copy so if your coloring doesn't workout at least you original will still be in good shape. Or you could post a higher quality scan and someone else on the board might take a look at coloring your artwork for you.

You know I am surprised that I haven't seen more artwork depicting Misa & Hikaru like this from that missing scene in DYRL.

DYRL pic version 3 is here ...

post-11364-1238413076_thumb.jpg

It's pretty good. It's cool that you're taking feedback and altering the picture.

If I were going to tackle that picture, I would probably try a couple of things. One idea might be to arch Misa's back a bit more -- that would tip her head back a bit, and would require Hikaru to be in a slightly more active position. It would be a more dynamic pose, but it might be TOO dynamic, depending on where in the evening you're going for. Another idea might be to have Hikaru kissing her neck, so that she can turn her face slightly towards the... er... camera (creepy... now I feel like voyeur). Without switching what you've already got, you might try wrapping Misa's arms around Hikaru in such a way that she's grasping his shoulders (her elbows would be at his ribs, about), if you can visualize what I'm poorly describing here. I don't think my art is polished enough any more to articulate this, but maybe I'll do a sketch to illustrate it. Oh, and spread her hair out over that pillow more.

What I like is that you've described the scene in a way that isn't explicit. With a few tweaks here and there it could be very tender. The coloring would do a lot for mood and atmosphere, which I think is important, and difficult to convey in line art without heavy use of black ink.

Edited by chillyche

I guess this will be the final version ...i'm done with this drawing.

Well...i think i'll throw the original paper away soon ... lol

Out of curiosity how long did it take you to draw your original version? Since this is the final version of this particular drawing do you plan to do any more based on this hidden scene? Also you did a great job of them actually looking like Misa & Hikaru.

Out of curiosity how long did it take you to draw your original version? Since this is the final version of this particular drawing do you plan to do any more based on this hidden scene? Also you did a great job of them actually looking like Misa & Hikaru.

To draw the bodies took 10-15 minutes. I took the inspiration having a hard long look at the kissing scene between Hikaru and Misa in DYRL in the alien city. Then, i did the rest in several times, not in one shot. i took my time to draw the litttle details (lamp , pillow ...). I wanted it to fit the movie, so i had to rewatch some scenes (just for the lamp ! lol lol )

Edited by mariesz

To draw the bodies took 10-15 minutes. I took the inspiration having a hard long look at the kissing scene between Hikaru and Misa in DYRL in the alien city. Then, i did the rest in several times, not in one shot. i took my time to draw the litttle details (lamp , pillow ...). I wanted it to fit the movie, so i had to rewatch some scenes (just for the lamp ! lol lol )

It's good you had DYRL around to use for your reference. A dyrl art book would probably be a good reference to use to so you wouldn't have to keep looking at the tv. I know I couldn't draw all the details like the pillow and lamp from memory, then again I don't have a lot of confidence i could draw Misa & Hikaru either but i don't think I ever have tried to draw them.