What color should I paint my VF-1S?

Vifam7

I'm currently working on a 1/100 Arii VF-1S. I'd like some opinions on what color I should paint it overall. I'm thinking of some kind of light or dark gray. The problem is I don't know what kind of "gray" color I should use because there's so many gray paint colors out there. ^^;

Just to note, I'm a novice kit builder. I'm not going to do a complex paint mix. I just want to pick a color and use it straight from the bottle. I'll be brush painting with Humbrol or Model Master enamels.

You could always go for a all over NAVY Gray paint scheme. I know you mentioned using a brush, but I would try Tamiya's Intermediate Blue spray paint, its part of their Aircraft series of paints. This is what the last round of Tomcats & new F-18 Super hornets use as their base coat. An awesome shade. In fact in Macross Zero thats the actual color Shins F-14 is. I use if for a lot of my 1/48 models.

Then on the Chest plate & Tail wings add some Dark grey or Black pin striping.

So just a random idea for you to ponder. Post some pics as yoru 1/100 comes along!!! B))

I'd try Gunship Grey or Gunmetal Grey paint from Testors. They're generally good colors.

If you want a more realistic color, go for Ghost Grey or Light Ghost Grey. Good stuff.

Just swing by the hobby store and look at the available paint colors. Pick one that suits your fancy.

I found out I have Model Master's Light Ghost Gray so I indeed might use that color. Thanks for the suggestion.

optimator88 wrote:

Gold.

That's a color I'd like to use for the VF-25.

danguard Ace wrote:

I think you should do a tribute to RedComet. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif

That's what the Fire Valkyrie kit will be for. :D

Edited by Vifam7