LOTR ROTK news...

bandit29

yellowlightman Posted on Nov 11 2003, 01:36 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I got a better deal since I have yet to read the original books. Granted, the 'purists' criticize me for never having read them, but all the same I think it allowed me to enjoy the movies a lot more. I know if I had read them, I'd probably be too busy finding fault with the movies to really enjoy them.

For once it pays to be part of the uneducated masses.   

I disagree with that statement. They're incredible reads, some of the best I've ever read. I read them first, but I completely enjoy the movie and don't sit there and pick it apart. There's no way they can be carbon copies of the books because they're a different medium-you have to accept this going in to them.

I'd definitely agree with CAG. I have enjoyed the movies immensely. And, I read the entire trilogy right before Fellowship came out.

One of the parts I loved was, rather than picking on the movie, finding the little hints of things that were in the book and not explicitly stated in the movie. Things like the gifts, the trolls in the background when Frodo was injured, and a couple others I don't remember right now. It made the movie more enjoyable for me.

yellowlightman Posted on Nov 11 2003, 01:36 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I got a better deal since I have yet to read the original books. Granted, the 'purists' criticize me for never having read them, but all the same I think it allowed me to enjoy the movies a lot more. I know if I had read them, I'd probably be too busy finding fault with the movies to really enjoy them.

For once it pays to be part of the uneducated masses.   

I disagree with that statement. They're incredible reads, some of the best I've ever read. I read them first, but I completely enjoy the movie and don't sit there and pick it apart. There's no way they can be carbon copies of the books because they're a different medium-you have to accept this going in to them.

Cag, couldn't have said it better myself!

I've read TROTK, and to be honest the whole scouring of the shire chapter was pointless. Tolkien used it to extend the book he didn't want to end and tie up the saruman loose end. Personally I'm glad to see it go. any ways its going to be on the EE anyway so you guys shouldn't bitch so much.

Could go on about how the Scouring is the fulfillment both of the hobbits' character arcs and of several themes present throughout the book - and also of the World War II allegory, if you dare to dissent with with the Professor's assertion that LotR contains no such. But I won't. Instead, I'll just restate that the Scouring was never shot, and will not be on any DVD present or future. The death of Saruman, were it included, would've come at Orthanc.

Yeah the score samples sound great (If soundtrack.net is down try The One Ring.net RotK's score really does have different feel to it. Now to decide whether to get the one disc, the all three-movie dics, or wait for the MASSIVE 10+hours ulitmate box-including-every bit of score from all three extended films.....decisions decisions :D