Old Bandai Max/Milia vs. New

Skull-1

Does anyone have any side-by-side comparisions of the Old Bandai vs. the Reissue? Milia's in particular (the reissue) looks way too dark. Is it just me?

Edited by Skull-1

Technicalities, technicalities. Lockheed didn't make most of the F-16s out there, but once they "bought the molds" so to speak, they're all called Lockheed-Martin F-16s. :p

So, is the Banadai darker than the Taka?

Edited by Skull-1

He asserts that the Milia Reissue is lighter and brighter. Man, mine are both so dark that I'd hate to see what the original looked like. It must have been black!

Well, I cannot imagine the original Milia being darker than this one. This thing of mine is *DARK* red. You can barely tell it's red.... It's almost black (dark maroon).

Technicalities, technicalities. Lockheed didn't make most of the F-16s out there, but once they "bought the molds" so to speak, they're all called Lockheed-Martin F-16s. :p

Sorry to go off topic, but...ick. I really hate the idea of a "Boeing F-15" or "Boeing F-18".

Definitely looks like the reissue is darker. I think I like it darker...it's my favorite reissue (I think it looks even better than the Max).

Does anyone have the both orginal Takatoku and the Bandai reissue for a color comparison?

If not, I'm willing to borrow a Takatoku to do a comparison analysis. It should only take a fews years on display next to my Bandai, just to make sure I'm accurate, and then I can return it. ;):lol:

Ok guys,

As promised, here are some side-by-side comparisons of the Takatoku VF-1J and the Bandai VF-1J. In all of the below pictures, the Taka Valk is on the left and the Bandai Valk is on the right.

First up, Taka Max vs. Bandai Max:

vf-1j_max_01.gif

As seen in this picture, the Taka Max is somewhat lighter than the Bandai Max. Note the difference in the color of the elbows...

vf-1j_max_02.gif

...and the color of the rear landing gear covers.

vf-1j_max_03.gif

Next up, Taka Milia vs. Bandai Milia:

vf-1j_milia_01.gif

D'oh! The Taka Milia is indeed lighter and brighter than the Bandai Milia. I must have been high on something when I said the just opposite on my page. :lol: Again, note the difference in the color of the elbows...

vf-1j_milia_02.gif

...and the color of the rear landing gear covers.

vf-1j_milia_03.gif

One more thing that I would like to point out is while the cockpit of the Taka Max and those of the Bandai Max and Milia are molded grey, the cockpit of the Taka Milia is molded red! I thought that this was a mistake with my Taka Milia but nope, Sephiroth's Taka Milia also has the red cockpit. Hmmm, I wonder why that is so.

Edited by ValkyrieFactory

One more thing that I would like to point out is while the cockpit of the Taka Max and those of the Bandai Max and Milia are molded grey, the cockpit of the Taka Milia is molded red! I thought that this was a mistake with my Taka Milia but nope, Sephiroth's Taka Milia also has the red cockpit. Hmmm, I wonder why that is so.

On the old Takatokus, they had no detachable heat shield. Maybe the cockpit was molded red to give the illusion that it has a red heat shield, kind of like how Takatoku tinted the canopy of Roy's VF-1S very dark and then painted the skull and crossbones on top all for the purpose of making it appear that the toy had a heat shield.

One more thing that I would like to point out is while the cockpit of the Taka Max and those of the Bandai Max and Milia are molded grey, the cockpit of the Taka Milia is molded red!  I thought that this was a mistake with my Taka Milia but nope, Sephiroth's Taka Milia also has the red cockpit.  Hmmm, I wonder why that is so.

On the old Takatokus, they had no detachable heat shield. Maybe the cockpit was molded red to give the illusion that it has a red heat shield, kind of like how Takatoku tinted the canopy of Roy's VF-1S very dark and then painted the skull and crossbones on top all for the purpose of making it appear that the toy had a heat shield.

I would say that would be a very logical assumption. I also think that it has something to do with how those certain parts were arranged within the mold plates...they probably all had to one color: grey, brown, red or blue.

I noticed that the Takatoku Max VF-1J pictured above had a grey cockpit and it caught me off guard. A couple of years ago, the Max I owned had a cockpit molded in blue just like my Millia. I distincly remember this because it always gave my Max and Millia the apperrance of darker canopies:

max_vf-1j.jpg

vf-1js.jpg

Anyway, it appears that there are variations on the Takatoku Max VF-1J and possibly even the Millia VF-1J. Looking at Nam Ngo's pics at Valkyrie Factory, it appears his Max has the grey cockpit while his Millia has the red cockpit.