Rideback

wolfx

Episode 6

Rin younger brother, Kenji is a Rideback maniac, he even have a poster of Rin during her Rideback stunt in his room lol. Anyway, Kenji got caught up in a bike gang and cornered by the police, the gang is wiped out by GGP white unit, but Rin came using a battered rideback and rescue Kenji and defeating two GGP white Unit. In the end, Rin is captured by GGP.

This anime is getting better and better, nice story with good fluid CG animation.

Edited by Morpheus

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched episode 7.

WOW.

WOW.

Sh*t is really starting to go down now, and not at all the way I was expecting based on the first few episodes, and the first volume of the manga.

WOW.

Anyone not watching this is missing out on some of the best anime currently being made, in my opinion.

Still at ep 6...woah...nice moves there Rin. Doesn't she have any other clothes other than the white dress? :lol:

Hey, she's a college student now. If she isn't feeding on instant ramen on a daily basis or wearing the same rags for days on end, well, that ain't college life! :lol: On a more serious note, I like how every image of Rin, whether it's on her profile card or the printed interview, has her in this sort of modest, space-out look to her. It totally betrays her sheer genius in all things acrobatic, whether on foot or a two-wheeled mechanical monstrosity with funky arms.

Hey, she's a college student now. If she isn't feeding on instant ramen on a daily basis or wearing the same rags for days on end, well, that ain't college life! :lol: On a more serious note, I like how every image of Rin, whether it's on her profile card or the printed interview, has her in this sort of modest, space-out look to her. It totally betrays her sheer genius in all things acrobatic, whether on foot or a two-wheeled mechanical monstrosity with funky arms.

There is a good sense of this letting you know that there are actual thoughts going on behind those eyes.

Still at ep 6...woah...nice moves there Rin. Doesn't she have any other clothes other than the white dress? :lol:

Hey, the white dress is good for her, it gives us a teasing of panty-shot everytime she rides :lol:

There is a good sense of this letting you know that there are actual thoughts going on behind those eyes.

To me though, it's more of "the talented eagle hides its talons" or something along those lines. She has a totally different, more determined look though when she puts on her A-game as shown in ep. 3, just before the race using the Balon.

To me though, it's more of "the talented eagle hides its talons" or something along those lines. She has a totally different, more determined look though when she puts on her A-game as shown in ep. 3, just before the race using the Balon.

Yeah, maybe, though I think episode 3 is more noteworthy for being the only time she's worn any riding gear except for a helmet...

Well the look suits her..especially with the lol frizzled hair. It shows she's generally aloof and unfocused when it comes to things in life. I mean the girl lost her mom and also feel her ballet isn't up to par anymore. Its not like she can't do ballet ever but she was so perfectionist when it came to ballet that she noticed the small flaws in her moves due to her injuries....so she can't do it like she used to despite what other people might think.

Riding became a new thing for her to focus her mind on. Its not that she has talons and are hiding them purposely. If i were to draw an analogy, it would be something like a fish out of water vs a fish in water kinda thing. From her thoughts and interaction with people, she doesn't seem the most philosophical or deep of people. She does it because she likes it. The opening phrase of the anime even proves it, she doesn't even care about the political situation happening around the world. That is until it involves her........

Its not that she has talons and are hiding them purposely.

I never said that she's doing it deliberately. I'm just pointing out that the way she behaves, her generally hazy nature which are captured in those photos of her, that look of uncertainty, betrays the awesomeness that is her true nature. One look at those photos and you couldn't tell that she's a world-class ballet dancer or a fantastic rideback-er. And I really like that part of the character's down-to-earth persona.

I never said that she's doing it deliberately. I'm just pointing out that the way she behaves, her generally hazy nature which are captured in those photos of her, that look of uncertainty, betrays the awesomeness that is her true nature. One look at those photos and you couldn't tell that she's a world-class ballet dancer or a fantastic rideback-er. And I really like that part of the character's down-to-earth persona.

Yeah...the juxtaposition has been around since Captain Tylor and Vash the Stampede....though Rin is a little less extreme. :lol:

I'm a little dissapointed that the show seems to be slowly moving towards combat. I was hoping that I'd finally picked up on a mecha anime that didn't involve war or revolution. At least Rin's not the typical mecha kid. She doesn't seem to be arrogant, or emo.

I'm a little dissapointed that the show seems to be slowly moving towards combat. I was hoping that I'd finally picked up on a mecha anime that didn't involve war or revolution. At least Rin's not the typical mecha kid. She doesn't seem to be arrogant, or emo.

You haven't seen episode 8 aren't you ^_^

GGP vs terorist rideback battle, while Rin and Kiva are having orgasm while riding their rideback

:ph34r:

I was hoping that I'd finally picked up on a mecha anime that didn't involve war or revolution.

Well, you always have IGPX (Immortal Grand Prix X) for that, it's mostly about racing with variable robots than actual war. And maybe the basketball mecha show next season won't have any war at all.

If you read the manga, it's less about this type of combat, and more about students protesting against what they feel is an unjust government (something common in most parts of the world for, oh, the better part of a century now at least).

Just watched episode 8. LOTS of action (of the combat, and of the just plain riding, varieties).

A LOT of mysteries from previous episodes have begun to be answered here.

Just watched episode 8. LOTS of action (of the combat, and of the just plain riding, varieties).

A LOT of mysteries from previous episodes have begun to be answered here.

Kiva reminds me of someone......a certain person who use a huge robot with a titanic sword who always said "I am Zengar, ZENGAR ZOMBOLT! The Sword That Cleaves Evil!" ^_^

Kiva reminds me of someone......a certain person who use a huge robot with a titanic sword who always said "I am Zengar, ZENGAR ZOMBOLT! The Sword That Cleaves Evil!" ^_^

If I were watching this and I was about 10 (and not 33), I would SO want to be Kiva.

I really like the way the story has developed, and it's all started from the much more down to earth level of civilian hobbiests. While I'm at odds with liking Fuego's aesthetics, I do appreciate how the action is much more tense because the rider isn't protected by more than flak armour. I suppose I like this show for some of the same reasons I liked the Patlabor series, but the story is somewhat more mature (albeit it does still involve some very archetypal animé villains).

Also, when you compare this to Viper's Creed you really see how much a story loses when it gives more thought to its tech than its characters.

I really like the way the story has developed, and it's all started from the much more down to earth level of civilian hobbiests. While I'm at odds with liking Fuego's aesthetics, I do appreciate how the action is much more tense because the rider isn't protected by more than flak armour. I suppose I like this show for some of the same reasons I liked the Patlabor series, but the story is somewhat more mature (albeit it does still involve some very archetypal animé villains).

Also, when you compare this to Viper's Creed you really see how much a story loses when it gives more thought to its tech than its characters.

Yeah, this an Viper's Creed were the two shows I was really looking forward to, especially Viper's Creed. Interesting how they've turned out.

Rideback has caused a diplomatic issue between korean and japan...which might risk the cancellation of the show.

The mysterious appearance of a political message in the currently airing anime “Rideback” threatens to cause a storm; the message is widely interpreted as calling for the removal of the current Korean President.

More details at NSFW source:

Sankaku Complex

Rideback has caused a diplomatic issue between korean and japan...which might risk the cancellation of the show.

Sankaku Complex

BWAHAHAHAHAHA... whoever did it, Dr. Movie, the Japanese... whoever did it gets a standing ovation from me.

Sankaku Complex

Sankaku Complex?

Got a link?

Edit: Nevermind, Googled it and found it.

More Editing: Considering how EXTREMELY political the manga is, it seems only right to have that extend into the anime as well.

Edited by RavenHawk

BWAHAHAHAHAHA... whoever did it, Dr. Movie, the Japanese... whoever did it gets a standing ovation from me.

Well, if it's Dr. Movie, we have to temper an ovations with, you know, what they did on Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles...

They've been pretty reliable thus far....and the article seems taken from a newspaper. I don't see why not. If sankaku isn't sure if the news is reliable, they'll usually mention it.

Well, if it's Dr. Movie, we have to temper an ovations with, you know, what they did on Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles...

I think it's more likely that the poor quality on SC is due to budget issues with HG rather than inherently poor work from Dr. Movie. Dr Movie does A LOT of anime stuff.

I think it's more likely that the poor quality on SC is due to budget issues with HG rather than inherently poor work from Dr. Movie. Dr Movie does A LOT of anime stuff.

You're probably right.

So we can still giving them a standing ovation? :lol:

Let's kind of do one of those where you lean up, almost standing, but your butt's still on the seat, ok?

At least until we find out if they had anything to do with it or not.