Replacing arm on V2 1/60 valk

schmungbeen

Hey all

I recently got a replacement part from HLJ for the arm of a 1/60 V2.0 valk, and am stumped as to how to replace it!

The part is the whole arm including the hinges and the stump that appears to go into the main body of the valk with a screw. The problem I have is that the screw appears to be inserted from WITHIN the valk itself! And this is where I need to attach said arm piece.

I obviously dont want to unscrew everything without knowing what Im doing on a $200 piece of kit... UNLESS one of you good people has done it before and can give me some good simple instructions! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! A free mars bar* to the first person with an answer.

A useful answer! :)

Thanks guys!

*where mars is glory, and bar is my own personal thumbs up.

you need to separate the two pieces of the backplate (the whole thing that's holding the wings, shoulder hinges and the swingbar) by unscrewing the 3 screws located on the inside of said backplate. two of the screws are the ones holding the left and right wings and covered by the shoulder hinges when positioned in battroid mode... the third screw is the one holding the swingbar. after you've removed these screws, the two pieces comprising the backplate will come apart and you can access the screw holding the shoulder hinge to the backplate.

Edited by m0n5t3r

you need to separate the two pieces of the backplate (the whole thing that's holding the wings, shoulder hinges and the swingbar) by unscrewing the 3 screws located on the inside of said backplate. two of the screws are the ones holding the left and right wings and covered by the shoulder hinges when positioned in battroid mode... the third screw is the one holding the swingbar. after you've removed these screws, the two pieces comprising the backplate will come apart and you can access the screw holding the shoulder hinge to the backplate.

what he said, it sounds complicated but it's very very simple and the pieces just come off, not prying anything open or with force and when all is put back in place it looks like new

only worry is not to loose the screws, ehehe