Macross Cels-the best I've ever seen

Shawn

You're right, fantastic stuff.

I want the one with the rear shot of the Tomahawk. (My favourite destroid, even more so than the Monster), the one looking up at Isamu in the cockpit, and the one of Skull Leader before he tries to block the missiles. (A really good one because it is a shot that is so quick in the show you barely see it).

How much would it be for the lot?

Taksraven

Yeah, I saw this earlier. It's a great collection; warukun has had a great cels for auction before, but it's the first time I've seen so many of his up at the same time. The global economic downturn must really be sinking in.

But at those prices, some of those will be hard to move. There's also a great selection of Minmay cels for auction on Yahoo! Japan as well; of course, their prices are sky-high as well.

Yeah, I saw this earlier. It's a great collection; warukun has had a great cels for auction before, but it's the first time I've seen so many of his up at the same time. The global economic downturn must really be sinking in.

But at those prices, some of those will be hard to move. There's also a great selection of Minmay cels for auction on Yahoo! Japan as well; of course, their prices are sky-high as well.

That global economic downturn sure gets blamed for a lot of stuff. Nearly as bad as Y2K. :rolleyes:

Taksraven

Well, there isn't a much of a reason to list the entire set at the same time. Collectors are a limited bunch and burning a large hole in their pocket at a single time isn't the best way to get them to spend.

He's also listed a fewer lower quality cels a while back and they haven't moved, even with discounting (see the sub-10,000 yen cels). So, I imagine he's bringing out the big guns in order to bring in some extra income. Of course, it could just be coincidence as you've said.

I love that one of the Millia 1J and... I dunno, looks like some rowboat-eck thing behind it... :)

That'd actually be Millia and Basara when they're attempting to save City 7 from being forced to fold into the Protodeviln's clutches. So, no Robotech involved; then again, maybe I'm not getting the allusion. ^_^

Edited by veffidas

That'd actually be Millia and Basara when they're attempting to save City 7 from being forced to fold into the Protodeviln's clutches. So, no Robotech involved; then again, maybe I'm not getting the allusion. ^_^

Just joking around.

I actually recognized it.

Heck, I even liked Macross 7.

But I'm not above poking fun at it.

Even for random reasons of insanity.

Get yourself a proxy! I scored this lovely Meltrandi commander last week... :p (although I probably won't have it in-hand 'till mid-to-late January, because she saves items to ship all at once.)

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b89957099