Flashback 2012 -- is there a viable torrent?

Skull1986

Every time I look for the Flashback 2012 video I usually find the raw feed or another language subbed version.

I'm just looking for an English subbed version -- doesn't have to be the HD-remastered video, btw -- from an active torrent.

I'm getting errors every time I try to download and it seems like the best download is limited to Demonoid.com which is impossible to join or sounds like one of those "sign up and get your bank account fleeced!" scams.

Advice, or just a general point in the direction of?

P.S. -- BTW, I thought the 2.1 version of COTB/DYRL was excellent. There's a bit of a problem with the scene navigation on the DVD when you try to use it on a DVD player but it otherwise plays flawlessly. I've tested it across a computer, 1999 standalone DVD player, and a PS3 and it runs sweetly!

But...I have to wonder...does FB2012 really NEED subs? ;)

Considering the 5 seconds I would spend on AnimeLyrics.com to look up the songs..... <_< But ya....do you really need subs for FB2012? That kind of ruins the whole idea of FB2012.

I want the subtitles so I know what she's singing (as close as possible in English). It's nice to have the song lyrics in English, too!

I can't count how many times I've bought DVDs from Pioneer and Viz that DIDN'T have translated song lyrics. Nice to finally see something for the Macross music. That was half of the original show.

BTW, an issue did come up with the download for the Flashback 2012 DVD booklet. Apparently, you have to type in a password/paraphrase to decompress the RAR file with Stuffit. Anybody actually know what the paraphrase/password is?

I want the subtitles so I know what she's singing (as close as possible in English). It's nice to have the song lyrics in English, too!

Track order:

* Angel's Paints (Part 1)

* Sunset Beach

* 0-G Love

* Shao Pai Lo[o]n

* Silver Moon, Red Moon

* Love Passes Away Part 2

* Cinderella

* Do You Remember Love?

* Angel's Paints (Part 2)

* Runner

Anime Lyrics.com

Actually that doesn't help with the problem I have now. Thanks for the anime lyrics. Maybe I'll look them up whenever I listen to Mari Ijima's CD tracks again! I still want subtitles to the FB2012 video. I guess I'm part of a generation that consider understanding lyrics important?? ;)

I'd like to add subtitles to an ISO file. It appears I have to partially take the ISO apart then reassemble with the SRT (subtitle) files into the video. I think ffmpeg can do this.

From my previous experience with ISO, it CAN be opened on a computer desktop (provided it's NOT encrypted) and the video files that need to be manipulated are in the VIDEO_TS folder. Never done this before, and my experiences with ffmpeg are mixed to say the least!

Every time I look for the Flashback 2012 video I usually find the raw feed or another language subbed version.

I'm just looking for an English subbed version -- doesn't have to be the HD-remastered video, btw -- from an active torrent.

Sometime ago I synched some English subs to a RAW release of Macross Flash Back 2012 DVD. You can find the torrent link to the video and the corresponding subtitles here.

Thanks! I'll look into your file(s).

I'm having some problems with the RAR files I downloaded off-site and unfortunately there isn't a program available on Mac to fix them. It'll be this weekend at earliest before I can do something with them on a family PC which may or may not fix the problem...

In the meantime, I'll probably go ahead and look for your torrent!

Again, many thanks!

Just got done watching the video with subtitles.

Unfortunately, I couldn't download the file Strife linked to, but I had another set of subtitles I'd previously downloaded so I renamed that set and watched the video with those. Other than a slight delay in the subtitle pop-up, the video played without a hitch.

Makes a huge difference in watching it! I just get bored watching video without subtitles. Lovely songs. Ijima really has a nice voice.

Although I've owned a copy of the video for over 12 years now, this is the first time I've seen a subbed version.

Wish they could license this video and release it officially in the US with DYRL. This is really the coda/finale to the original Macross.

It's bittersweet.

You know another Macross series with the trio of Hikaru, Misa, and Minmay will never get made because Kawamori doesn't want to do it, so this is as nice a send-off as those characters are going to get.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

here's another Macross Flashback 2012 english subtitle file (ass format) with romaji lyrics and translation done by me.

Due credits goes to all Macross fans who have made this possible.

Tested on release by fansub groups

1. ASS [CRC: 9e70d317]

2. Frozen-Rose [CRC: 1c1f9fc9]

3. Kasumi-chan [CRC: a384d468]

You can download as an attachment here or on:

http://www.zshare.net/download/54961002eca29e0d/

Cheers! :D

Choujikuu_Yousai_Macross___Flash_Back_2012__v2__eng_sub_.zip

Edited by Hoshizora

Hi,

here's another Macross Flashback 2012 english subtitle file (ass format) with romanji lyrics and translation done by me.

Due credits goes to all Macross fans who have made this possible.

Tested on release by fansub groups

1. ASS [CRC: 9e70d317]

2. Frozen-Rose [CRC: 1c1f9fc9]

3. Kasumi-chan [CRC: a384d468]

You can download as an attachment here or on:

http://www.zshare.net/download/54961002eca29e0d/

Cheers! :D

Awesome! I was thinking of doing something like this to remux with the DVD release, but I have never gotten to it. ASS subs with romaji, that's a big contribution, thank you^^

Awesome! I was thinking of doing something like this to remux with the DVD release, but I have never gotten to it. ASS subs with romaji, that's a big contribution, thank you^^

You're welcome! With Macross Frontier season just ended, this is great time to reminiscence on the original Macross that started it all! :D