Most 'USEFUL' mode 'OVERALL' of all the Variable Fight

ruskiiVFaussie

Please remember all instances and circumstances, choose carefully -  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Gerwalk is good for saving the ladies! Battroid for hand to hand? Fighter for the need for speed?

• Battroid
    • Gerwalk
    • Fighter

o really, whats stopping Gerwalk throwing out the mini(& medium) missiles the same? Surely it could be smex'd in a different way and still offloading the same amount of payload onto the poor sods fishbowl. *just imagining the placement of wings, legs and arms...*

Rate of fire would be slower than a battroid?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm with March, it's variablity (is that a word?) is their strength. Individual modes have their strong suits and weakness, but the ability to go back and forth, to adapt to situations is what it's strong suit.

True. And to me, that would be a weakness with a standard "Gundam" - type unit, the inability to transform.

Taksraven

.. : P

Just wanna add in a fact about the toughness of the VF-1 (and all other models above) .. the fact that Hikaru plowed

through a few buildings whilst in mid transformation (Gerwalk to Battroid) has to add in the valks durability factor.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well for VB-6, Gerwalk mode is probably the most versatile mode since it allows it to use it huge cannon, however for VF-17 gerwalk mode is probably the worst mode since it can literally shoot itself (via the leg concealed gunpod) while only armed with the cockpit gun and the elbow cannon.

Fighter mode is the most useful. As long as you can fly away from a fight you can't win you will live to fight another day.

Battroid mode would be the next useful. If you are on the ground using cover and the enemy is also using cover, that means you are going to need more accuracy with your shots and need to save ammo too. Being able to shoot from a position where you are protected or hidden or both, is going to by very handy.

Gerwalk mode: least useful. It's just a battroid mode with the head up its ass. used by noobs who can't handle the harder controls of the robot mode as Roy mentioned when hikaru was too uncoordinated to pilot the robot yet. I can see this mode only being useful for when fighter mode needs to lift vertically. But since a lot of the fighting is going to be in space, (no up or down) it's not really all that needed.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Gerwalk mode: least useful. It's just a battroid mode with the head up its ass. used by noobs who can't handle the harder controls of the robot mode as Roy mentioned when hikaru was too uncoordinated to pilot the robot yet. I can see this mode only being useful for when fighter mode needs to lift vertically. But since a lot of the fighting is going to be in space, (no up or down) it's not really all that needed.

I think this is the 1st time I've seen someone describe Gerwalk mode in this manner. :lol:

But what you said is true though. Gerwalk mode is for newbies.

But it's also the only mode I used to play the 8bit NES Macross. :p

Edited by blacklotus

tell that to Basara, who can fly circles around enemy swarms in battroid and fighter, but can't avoid buildings to save his life in gerwalk. :p

I guess there's a favorite mode for each individual pilot, unless one is Max Jenius. ^_^

Hmm...I wonder if there's a CRPG for Macross. It will make for a good CRPG ala Front Mission (the original turn based one, not the later arcade shooter games)

p.s. I cannot hit a bloody battlepod in battroid mode in the 8bit nes Macross game. And in fighter mode, I keep crashing into enemy battlepods...sigh...guess I need more game time then huh? :lol:

Fighter isn't the most useful. If you need to get out of there, sure. However, if you need to fight (And that is the point of the scramble) Battroid is best for sticking in one spot and shooting.

Yeah but think of how vulnerable you are in space in battroid mode out in the open being still? Unlike in MS gundam, (original gundam) there are lots of missiles in the macross universe. I get the feeling that if you are in battroid mode when there are lots of missiles, just floating there on the spot, you are doomed. But in fighter mode you have increased chances of getting out of there and outflying the missiles or just tricking the missiles to not follow your tail. Everytime a swarm of missiles is launched you'll note good pilots 'chicken out' and go into fighter mode to avoid death. There is really only one time where someone just relied on robot mode to shoot down the missiles and that was roy showing off in macross zero. But that's only because I think he likes to take stupid risks. "why avoid missiles when I can blow them up with my eyeball-tracking system?"

But when in fighter mode you are constantly moving. Those missiles are going to take longer to get to you. In an open space I would rather try to fly away. Saves ammo, safer, you are harder to hit from the new sniper valks in macross Frontier.

I suppose it is more cool and dramatic to see a battroid fight at close range when fighting a single enemy though, than to have them fight only in fighter mode from a distance. It's easier for the zentradi because they have unlimited shots from their energy weapons.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'd rather piss off in fighter and dodge/re-deliver missiles back to the enemy than bloody waste gunpod ammo on shooting them down.

I'm sure everyone remembers Hikaru's 'oustanding' (lol lol) ploy of shooting missiles at a poor pod whilst aiming the gunpod and ayy

look at me i'm a friggen 1A noob. :lol: Meanwhile Max is busting everything up in battroid...

Well, you see, fighters often end up missle fodder for that very reason: "I can avoid the-" By using Battroid, you can blast the missiles out of the sky. Also, a VERY quick stop (As we see when the legs swing forward) will cause the missiles to overshoot and lose their track on you. Problem solved. And besides, the head laser took out quite a few of the missiles, making your gunpod point moot.

Gerwalk. In MAF, that's the mode I often go to because of ease of use and speed (eep1 I think I'm off topic a bit!). I imagine a mode that is noob friendly can perform super acrobatics like Alto did in ep. 2 of MF :p Plus it can ram multiple buildings into smithereens with no problem! :D Best use of Gerwalk mode that I've seen is in Frontier.

Gerwalk. In MAF, that's the mode I often go to because of ease of use and speed (eep1 I think I'm off topic a bit!). I imagine a mode that is noob friendly can perform super acrobatics like Alto did in ep. 2 of MF :p Plus it can ram multiple buildings into smithereens with no problem! :D Best use of Gerwalk mode that I've seen is in Frontier.

Didn't they use GERWALK exactly the same in SDFM? (City run, save the girl, low-altitude, crash, landing, takeoff...)

Gerwalk is pretty useful, quick stop maneouvers, hands for ripping apart things, saving chicks/idols and superior officers, holding gunpods....

Oh yessss, I voted for Gerwalk ....

Coz Hikaru Ichijo bagged Misa Hayase in a Gerwalk, once .... & he get that hot Mama! :D

Gerwalk is pretty useful, quick stop maneouvers, hands for ripping apart things, saving chicks/idols and superior officers, holding gunpods....

Oh yessss, I voted for Gerwalk ....

Coz Hikaru Ichijo bagged Misa Hayase in a Gerwalk, once .... & he get that hot Mama! :D

Let us not forget the numerous times Hikaru ridiculed himself by switching to GERWALK, with a FAST pack at full thrust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSsJkByeYeg...feature=related watch from 0:48-0:50...