Bandai 1/72 VF-25 Skull Leader

HWR MKII

As for the canopy. I blended some of the same purple ink in future to tinit it then brushed it over the outside. If you paint it from the inside you run the risk of the purple pooling around the base of the attachment stubs and causing dark purple rectangles to be visible. THe effect is very very slight and will look great once the canopy frame is painted. It is wise to do this tinting with the canopy and its rear section still attached to the sprue. It will allow you to hold it better.

I little late but I must ask, what exactly kind of ink did you use? as in like type and brand and what not.

Its games workshop purple ink. its made for mini models and wargaming figures. I dont know the ratios. i just mixed it and tested it on the sprue. when i liked the effect i applied it to the canopy. just remember go light. you can always add more but its a pain to take off too much.

Its games workshop purple ink. its made for mini models and wargaming figures. I dont know the ratios. i just mixed it and tested it on the sprue. when i liked the effect i applied it to the canopy. just remember go light. you can always add more but its a pain to take off too much.

well there is a games workshop near by so that's good. I guess I can sacrafice a little dignity to finish these kits right.

Arms and shoulder assemblies are done. For those wanting to do a darker grey on the upper fuselage pieces note that there is a panel on the shoulder part that needs to be painted dark grey. The part is molded in a lighter grey plasatic. I have fully painted all my parts. All internal mechanical parts will be gunmetal with grey metallic details where applicable. I have also started on the foot thrusters. Again the internal parts are overall gunmetal. I will pick out details later when the entire assembly is ready before fuselage panels go on. I dont like the purple plastic that the exhaust nozzles are. So the inside gets a coat of gunmetal while the outsides will be metallic grey. Aside from the very light grey all paints used are tamiya. The light grey is Polly S.

Where possible i am prepainting all the parts before assembly. In cases like the arms though the parts must be assembled and the seam taken care of before painting. This kit reenforces my belief that bandai does not consider painting when making their kits. while it can be done they really dont allow for subassemblies when painting.

post-2293-1228860520_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1228860533_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1228860546_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1228860557_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1228860568_thumb.jpg

Edited by HWR MKII

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone can donate the sticker sheet for the 1/72 ozma custom? ill pay for shipping please help my stickers was ruined. please pm me thanks.

by the way i cant wait to see yours finish. :)

Edited by tank