Have somebody tried this?

Froy

Basically no, the VF-1 FAST packs manufactured by Takatoku, Bandai, Yamato and Toynami will not fit on the the VF toys from other series, i.e. the Yamato Macross Plus toys or the Bandai Macross 7 toys, at least not without some serious modification.

There are 4 types of VF-1 FAST Pack manufactured in the following scales: -

• Takatoku/Bandai 1/55.
  • Toynami 1/55
  • Yamato 1/60.
  • Yamato 1/48.

The Macross Plus toys were manufactured in 1/72 scale, except for the VF-11B, which is a slightly larger scale. The Macross 7 toys were made in 1/65 scale. As you can see, the scales of the VF-1 FAST packs is different.

However, it is not just an issue of differing scales, but also each VF is significantly different in shape and design that even if they were all the same scale, the FAST packs would not be compatible.

I think the common misconception that FAST packs from one type of VF are compatible with other types of VF is an erroneous assumption made by Dave Dietrich's Macross Mecha Designs web site, which is not noted for it's accuracy.

Graham

Use satndar VF 1 boster pack in another valks ( vf 19, 11 or 21 )

I read some where that the first fast packs boster are tecnically compatible whit some another  valks.

Any piks?

Translation: (I think)

"Use satndar VF 1 boster pack in another valks ( vf 19, 11 or 21 )"

You can use the standard Vf-1 FPs on other Valks. (i.e. Vf-19, 11, and 21)

"I read some where that the first fast packs boster are tecnically compatible whit some another valks."

I have read that the first set of FPs are compatible with other Valks.

"Any piks?"

Any pics?

Edited by MicronianDevil

Theoretically, different versions of FAST packs would work on different VFs, provided they did not get in the way of the transformation sequence. For example, you could use the VF-1 FAST packs (at least the back mounted ones) on a VF-11. The only modification required would be the mounting point.

However, toy-wise, as it has been stated, it won't work because of all the different scales that the toys are set at.

As to the scale of the VF-11, I saw on my stickersheet that came with my VF-11 FAST pack that it was 1:60 scale. Since the battroid mode of a VF-1 and a VF-11 are so simmilar in height (as the "real" height of the two are around 12 m), I think it's safe to assume that a Yamato VF-11 is 1:60.

Well.. I think they are cool and cheap

Maybe their quallity is not as good as bandai or yamato but ..what can you expect for $20 bucks? just imagine a squadron of yf19 & vf-11b banprestos B))

The Valks have issues but the Fastpacks for them are nice. I got most of mine for $10 or less. With fastpacks, three heads, landing gear and collapsible gun pod you could not beat that. Graham do you still have the one you torchured? That was funny. :lol:

Have not tried to retro fit fastpacks on the VF-11, Yf-19 or YF-21.