Lots of Question about Yamato Toys :)

wwkkim

1. I am interested in either YF-19, VF-1 and VF-0. Which one of them has the best QC? and the best details? (heard that YF-19 is really shitty though)

*I'm most interested in Hikaru's VF-1S, Focker's VF-1S and Focker's VF-0S

EDIT: VF-1 as in 1/60 v.2

2. Is it possible to take apart Yamato and paint them?

3. If I buy one from over-drive, will it be possible to get replacements? (Or, do they cover toys that I have not bought from them?)

Thank you :)

Edited by wwkkim

No, VF-0(A) is the worst in regards to the explodiing shoulders.

If you did some searches of very recent threads/topics you would know for yourself, i will say briefly that your better to buy the Roy VF-0S + Ghost pack, and wait for re-releases of the Roy VF-0S that is due out December this year. Order from Overdrive and ask for the updated version.

The only safe (well half safe) VF-0A reelase is SHin VF-0A + Ghost pack.

YF-19 1st release would be next, with the landing gear not panning out like it should, and the Gunpod not sitting straight in fighter mode.

You are better off to buy the YF-19 + Fp + Fold Booster combo, or track down a 2nd release of the YF-19.

VF-1... 1/48 or 1/60?

.. there are v.2 1/60's being released now, and i would stay away from the first releases of Roy's VF-1S and perhaps even the VF-1A Hikaru.. Roy's VF-1S v.2 1/60 release (only 1 release so far) has big problems witht he shoulders cracking on some. Avoid.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

1. I am interested in either YF-19, VF-1 and VF-0. Which one of them has the best QC? and the best details? (heard that YF-19 is really shitty though)

*I'm most interested in Hikaru's VF-1S, Focker's VF-1S and Focker's VF-0S

2. Is it possible to take apart Yamato and paint them?

3. If I buy one from over-drive, will it be possible to get replacements? (Or, do they cover toys that I have not bought from them?)

1) ruskiiVFaussie is correct on the VF-0(A). The old VF-0S without ghost boosters was not good either. The VF-0S with Ghost Boosters is absolutely safe. The VF-0A Shin with ghost boosters is a crapshoot as some had fixed shoulders, some didn't.

1st release stand-alone YF-19s just like ruskiivFaussie said. I must add that the 25th Anniversary YF-19 has the fixed landing gear and gunpod. It's not lineart accurate as they made compromises to try to make it look good in all modes. Thus it's got a solid fighter mode with a slight gullet (some people throw up over it, other's aren't bothered), a nice gerwalk, and a thin battroid unlike the thick legged lineart. I think it captures the essence of the YF-19. Do note that the chest does not have a locking mechanism.

I can't say much on a personal basis for the 1/60 VF-1 v2 as I do not own one yet. The VF-1S tends to suffer from a cracked shoulder hinge. Not sure about the VF-1A Hikaru. The 1/48 scale is fantastic, except the shoulders hang low in fighter mode like a scrotum. And the backpack hinge is prone to breaking when there is too much pressure exerted on it.

2) A number of people completely repaint and customize these toys. I don't so I can't say how easy it is to do.

3) No idea.

Thank you ruskii and Sumdungai :)

I have yet one more question:

1) How detailed is VF-0S (Focker)

2) Is VF-0S Renewal has the same quality (in terms of durability) as VF-0S Ghostpack edition? (If so, I would just buy the Ghostpack right away instead of pre-ordering)

Buy the Roy Ghost pack, but only from a reliable source, so as to not be swindled by some prick who swaps a release 1 VF-0S with a Ghost pack released VF-0S. I'll say again buy from Overdrive, and ask them to get you a new release (December) with the revised (fixed) arms. http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/produc...products_id=485 and get one of the 2 different coloured Ghosts, your choice.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Buy the Roy Ghost pack, but only from a reliable source, so as to not be swindled by some prick who swaps a release 1 VF-0S with a Ghost pack released VF-0S. I'll say again buy from Overdrive, and ask them to get you a new release (December) with the revised (fixed) arms. http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/produc...products_id=485 and get one of the 2 different coloured Ghosts, your choice.

So, which do you think is a better choice?

VF-1S (Ichijo) 1/60 v.2 vs. VF-0S (Roy) 1/60

I want the one with better proportion and toy quality.

VF-0S is much nicer imo (in looks but debatably not as solid). Although the v.2 1/60 VF-1 line has improved poseability that

leaves the old 1/60 VF-1 and 1/48 scaled VF-1 in the dust.

toss a coin, wait for the 1S Hikaru or get his 1A, or go with something beautiful like the VF-0S.

If it was me buying i would choose the VF-0S.

I'd wait to see how the VF-1S Ichijo turns out, to make sure that the shoulder hinge is fixed well on that release. If it turns out to be rock solid, then it's all up to which design you enjoy more. :)

The VF-1 is classic, but the VF-0 is an awesome variation. Both can get their respective fast packs, but the VF-1 is more likely to get the GBP treatment, and the VF-0 doesn't have the Reactive Armor.

In terms of proportions the VF-0 is more likely to be closer to the proportions of the lineart as the VF-0 had a cg model in Macross Zero, whereas animation and lineart in SDF Macross and DRYL was still hand drawn.

Just buy all of them.

Get all of the VFOs and all of the VF1s.

Go for the 1/60 scale on the VF1s since it's in scale with the zeros and the pluss.

Don't dilly dally about which one to get - the VFO or the VF1... just buy them all. If you can't get them all at once, then start with the ones that are more rare and more likely to dissapear sooner.

That means start with the Zeros. And pick up a few SV-51s while you're at it.

Then get the YF19 and YF21.

At the end - get the 1/60 VF1s.

And prepare to get the 1/60 VF-25s too.

Pete

Just buy all of them.

Get all of the VFOs and all of the VF1s.

Go for the 1/60 scale on the VF1s since it's in scale with the zeros and the pluss.

Don't dilly dally about which one to get - the VFO or the VF1... just buy them all. If you can't get them all at once, then start with the ones that are more rare and more likely to dissapear sooner.

That means start with the Zeros. And pick up a few SV-51s while you're at it.

Then get the YF19 and YF21.

At the end - get the 1/60 VF1s.

And prepare to get the 1/60 VF-25s too.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I don't have money to become an avid collector like any of you guys here :'(

What I have planned is to get the rare ones first and then go with the common ones later when I have more money.

So, do you think it's good to grab VF-0S first?

I am wondering if there will be 1/60 weathering version of VF-1S too.

Hi Pete,

What I have planned is to get the rare ones first and then go with the common ones later when I have more money.

Your chances of finding a VF-0S with Ghost booster now is very slim as it has been discontinued in production. I doubt you would want to get a VF-0S without the ghost as it has QC problems.

My advice for you is to get the SV-51 nora soon, cause they will soon be pretty hard to find (I estimate around 2 - 3 months from now), and also because it has got to be one of the coolest valkyrie toy you'll find at present.

I have also started my collection just 3 weeks ago. My initial plan was to buy the VF-0S with ghost booster but it can no longer be found in hobby shops here in Tokyo area. So I just settled with the YF-19 with fold(It was the last one in the shop). Just for your info, around 2 weeks ago, there were 3 - 4 SV-51 noras around Akihabara area. When I bought my SV-51 last Sunday, there was only 1 left. The Ivanov and mass production types are plenty but they have QC problems. The nora is the safest sv-51. Get it now while you still can.

Hi Pete,

I don't recall anybody on the forum who is loaded with money and picks up tens of these per week.

Most people - I think - like me - have been collecting Macross for at least a year or two.

In that time frame, it is possible to slowly but surely get everything.

So, to be clear - I wasn't suggesting that you go out and just buy all of them in one fell swoop. If you could - that would be sweet: I know I couldn't, and lots of folks couldn't either.

But you would do well to set your sights on the horizon and imagine yourself having a sizeable Macross collection because that is really a cool thing to have and look forward to.

Patiently, slowly, incrimentaly, it can be done.

Pete

Your chances of finding a VF-0S with Ghost booster now is very slim as it has been discontinued in production. I doubt you would want to get a VF-0S without the ghost as it has QC problems.

My advice for you is to get the SV-51 nora soon, cause they will soon be pretty hard to find (I estimate around 2 - 3 months from now), and also because it has got to be one of the coolest valkyrie toy you'll find at present.

I have also started my collection just 3 weeks ago. My initial plan was to buy the VF-0S with ghost booster but it can no longer be found in hobby shops here in Tokyo area. So I just settled with the YF-19 with fold(It was the last one in the shop). Just for your info, around 2 weeks ago, there were 3 - 4 SV-51 noras around Akihabara area. When I bought my SV-51 last Sunday, there was only 1 left. The Ivanov and mass production types are plenty but they have QC problems. The nora is the safest sv-51. Get it now while you still can.

What I am basicallly planning to do is get VF-0S renewal first since it will come with fixed problems... and then go for other stuffs. I think I should be ok without ghost pack since I don't like its shape very much :);;

It seems like the ppl posting on this board are hating on the 1/60 VF-1A... Ruskii do you even own the VF-1A? I think not... Just because your mad that your VF-1S was broken out of box doesn't mean all the 1/60 v2 are that way... I own the VF-1A and while its not the most appealing version I haven't heard any complaints about shoulder breakage for that one and mine is just fine... If you don't like the VF-1A head though you might as well get the VF-1J hikky or VF-1S hikky, they're sure to be problem free.

what? wake up tranny, i didn't put any hate on the 1A at all, only just stated the noted problems of the v.2 1/60 VF-1S. I told him to get the 1A, then he asked about the Hikky 1S.

And i don't own a v.2 1S. :/ I would also say he has as much chance of getting a perfect v.2 Hikaru 1A as he would with a Shin 0A with Ghost. same deal almost.

Only that we don't have confirmation from G-man saying that the v.2 shoulders have been addressed.

As far as i am concerned, he's better off to dodge the 1S Roy v.2 to avoid dissapointment.

:edited with below quotes:

..there are v.2 1/60's being released now, and i would stay away from the first releases of Roy's VF-1S and perhaps even the VF-1A Hikaru.. Roy's VF-1S v.2 1/60 release (only 1 release so far) has big problems with the shoulders cracking on some. Avoid.

VF-0S is much nicer imo (in looks but debatably not as solid). Although the v.2 1/60 VF-1 line has improved poseability that

leaves the old 1/60 VF-1 and 1/48 scaled VF-1 in the dust.

toss a coin, wait for the 1S Hikaru or get his 1A, or go with something beautiful like the VF-0S.

If it was me buying i would choose the VF-0S.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

What I am basicallly planning to do is get VF-0S renewal first since it will come with fixed problems... and then go for other stuffs. I think I should be ok without ghost pack since I don't like its shape very much :);;

I still say get the sv-51 nora now :-). You can get the v2 VF-0S in December if it comes out. Who knows maybe the December scheduled release of the v2 VF-0S will be pushed back again.

Alright, thanks for the creation of this thread and for this thread because I'm looking to get my the complete 1/60 set of M+ toys some time in the future when I get my house in the next month or so and getting a VF-0 with the Ghost Booster and 1/60 Focker Strike Valk, I want my Valks to be of the same scale unless they're planning a release of 1/48 scale VF-0s and YF-19s, 21s and 11s...they'd be monsters! :ph34r: