VF-22s in service with S.M.S on Frontier?!?

Anon

Any way for me to get a confirmation on this? According to both the Chinese and Japanese wiki entry on Macross Frontier, it was described during the novelization of MF, aside from Skull and Pixie, S.M.S also had three other squads (Blue, Crimson, and Purple), with unknown composition but each is equipped with one electronic warfare variant of VF-22S similar to RVF-25.

The novelization differs from the TV series. For example, the VF-171 in the novel are equipped with EX Gear, those in the anime are not.

what about the VF-171EX's at the end of the anime? they used EX Gear. are the ones in the novelization possibly just already using the upgraded models? just curious

Any way for me to get a confirmation on this? According to both the Chinese and Japanese wiki entry on Macross Frontier, it was described during the novelization of MF, aside from Skull and Pixie, S.M.S also had three other squads (Blue, Crimson, and Purple), with unknown composition but each is equipped with one electronic warfare variant of VF-22S similar to RVF-25.

The M Trinity? :blink: Max=Blue, Millia=Red, Moaramia=Purple.

Tries to imagine a VF-22 with a radome...

Would have been great to see in the series, never have really liked that the air wings in Macross were made up of one main VF for the most part. I think the best we got was from M7 with a handful of -17s, -19s and -22s tossed in.

Oh well maybe in the movie we'll get something new.

Again, the novel (like the manga) follows it's own path. Ozma's VF-171 had an EX-Gear in the flashback when the VF-171s at the start of the show didn't. I would say that was a animators' shortcut since they were using VF-171EX-render already (fix will come on the DVD :lol: ). But back to the topic. All the documentation I've seen says that the VF-171 does not use a EX-Gear implementation. The VF-171EX is suppose to have inplemented that system into the VF-171 design. Now since this is a fan-fic you're working on, you can use the novel's direction or the animation's direction. It's your fan-fic. Pick whichever suits your story.