SDF-02 Megaload is differ from

yui1107

1 hour ago, Goodman Models said:

k, I have a question that's a little specific - on the Kazutaki SDF-2 MegaRoad-01, there appears to be 2 ARMD Class carriers; would a VF-4 lightning carry the name of the ARMD or the of the ship on it's Vert. stab?

Thus far, I don't believe the ARMD-like structure on the side of the Megaroad-class has ever been identified as a separately-operable warship.

This is Animation Special: Macross Plus offers the only other known official paintjob for a Valkyrie stationed aboard the SDF-2 Megaroad-01.  SVF-184 Iron Chiefs aircraft 306 has "SDF-2" stenciled on its tail underneath the tailcode.  The art drawn for Variable Fighter Master File: VF-4 Lightning III shows the SVF-1 Skulls aircraft 101 with "MEGAROAD-01" on the stabilizer below the squadron emblem.

On "docked" ships like the Macross-class (e.g. the SDF-1), the aircraft carry the name, designation, or both of the ship where they are physically stationed.  So on the SDF-1 Macross, art books and Master File have a mixture of "PROMETHEUS" and "MACROSS" stencils depending on where the aircraft was located.  Likewise, Xaos's VF-31s identify as being from either the Aether (Delta Flight's aircraft) or Hemera (the rest) rather than the Macross Elysion that had no aircraft support on its own.

EDIT: Also... hell of a necropost.  "13 years later...".

Edited by Seto Kaiba

20 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Thus far, I don't believe the ARMD-like structure on the side of the Megaroad-class has ever been identified as a separately-operable warship.

This is Animation Special: Macross Plus offers the only other known official paintjob for a Valkyrie stationed aboard the SDF-2 Megaroad-01.  SVF-184 Iron Chiefs aircraft 306 has "SDF-2" stenciled on its tail underneath the tailcode.  The art drawn for Variable Fighter Master File: VF-4 Lightning III shows the SVF-1 Skulls aircraft 101 with "MEGAROAD-01" on the stabilizer below the squadron emblem.

On "docked" ships like the Macross-class (e.g. the SDF-1), the aircraft carry the name, designation, or both of the ship where they are physically stationed.  So on the SDF-1 Macross, art books and Master File have a mixture of "PROMETHEUS" and "MACROSS" stencils depending on where the aircraft was located.  Likewise, Xaos's VF-31s identify as being from either the Aether (Delta Flight's aircraft) or Hemera (the rest) rather than the Macross Elysion that had no aircraft support on its own.

EDIT: Also... hell of a necropost.  "13 years later...".

Excellent, thank you Seto. I'm doing an alternate, albeit in-universe squadron aboard SDF-2. So I think i've settled on Megaroad-01 on the tail, SVF-111 Sundowners Squadron.