Nyan Nyan

sharky

Not sure if anyone mentioned this in the past. Did a search and didn't really get anything. I have been re-watching my Animego DVD of SDF: Macross and realized that Nyan Nyan is the name of Minmay's family restaurant.

I'm sure you die hard fans picked up on that right away, but it totally went over my head. I hadn't watch the series in quite some time, and I completely forgot that. I bring it up only because Frontier seemed to dwell so much on the Nyan Nyan franchise in the early episodes. Just thought others would find that bit of trivia interesting.

I can't remember if M7 mentions Nyan Nyan restaurants or not.

As soon as I retrieve my AnimEigo 9-disc boxed set of SDF Macross, I'm going to resume watching it.

I think it was mentioned in Macross 7 Docking Festival -Singing Saves the Galaxy!? Drama Album.

About it becoming the biggest restaurant franchise in the galaxy post SW-1.

Yotchan or Yoshio being the general manager of it. The kid with Minmay on the first ep of Macross,

Edited by RedWolf

I think it was mentioned in Macross 7 Docking Festival -Singing Saves the Galaxy!? Drama Album.

Yotchan or Yoshio being the general manager of it. The kid with Minmay on the first ep of Macross,

I think it was the only restaurant franchise that survived SW-1, like Taco Bell in Demolition Man

The liner notes mention Yot-chan being the manager. On the album itself, there's a Nyan Nyan ad that is distrubingly similar to the Nyan Nyan ad from Miss D.J.

In the Miss D.J. ad, they mention their goal of opening 38 stores. Something tells me they did a little better than that...

The liner notes mention Yot-chan being the manager. On the album itself, there's a Nyan Nyan ad that is distrubingly similar to the Nyan Nyan ad from Miss D.J.

In the Miss D.J. ad, they mention their goal of opening 38 stores. Something tells me they did a little better than that...

assuming it is not one per deep space colonization fleet.

Hmmm...that's a possibility, but think about how much prime advertising space on Island-1 is given over to Nyan Nyan ads...I'm imagining that it's reached Starbucks levels of insane proliferation.

i would say it is prime advertisement since it is the only advertisement we have seen, unless you are considering Ranka's ninjin ad.

i would say it is prime advertisement since it is the only advertisement we have seen, unless you are considering Ranka's ninjin ad.

See? See? Frontier is overrun with Nyan Nyan! It's like the shoe-making planet in Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy! :p

(And actually...yeah; we haven't seen any ads for anything else, have we? Not even hippocow ice cream...)

See? See? Frontier is overrun with Nyan Nyan! It's like the shoe-making planet in Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy! :p

(And actually...yeah; we haven't seen any ads for anything else, have we? Not even hippocow ice cream...)

Nyan nyan monopoly...

...And all this time, we thought Galaxy were the real baddies... :blink:

they send someone to burn the hipocow icecream post, no wonder why they destroyed island-3, they were paid by the Nyan Nyan Corporation, eviler than Umbrella.