Macross Frontier 2059: Memories Book

sharky

HMV has this book listed:

Macross Frontier 2059: Memories

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2768499

They do not have any images posted. Does anyone have any insight as to the contents?

From what I've read, it's a collection of the colored artworks. All those images we've seen in the magazines and some of the ending themes are suppose to be in that book.

That's cool, but I was hoping it was something that has mecha lineart, etc.

Kadokawa has had a link for a while for this book.

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/comic/bk_detail....cd=200807000073

According to the description it's a guide book that covers all the episodes, focuses on the "best scenes" of Sheryl, Ranka and Alto, and also shows production and mecha explanations (I'm guessing line art). I haven't seen any descriptions of it containing publicity art, though I'm sure it will have some.

Animedia will also have a Macross F Official File 1 (comes out 9/19). I'm guessing it will actually be a character oriented book, but I could be mistaken.

Waiting for YesAsia to put up links or I'll go the Kinokuniya route...

Kadokawa has had a link for a while for this book.

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/comic/bk_detail....cd=200807000073

According to the description it's a guide book that covers all the episodes, focuses on the "best scenes" of Sheryl, Ranka and Alto, and also shows production and mecha explanations (I'm guessing line art). I haven't seen any descriptions of it containing publicity art, though I'm sure it will have some.

Animedia will also have a Macross F Official File 1 (comes out 9/19). I'm guessing it will actually be a character oriented book, but I could be mistaken.

Waiting for YesAsia to put up links or I'll go the Kinokuniya route...

Thanks for the info. Keep in mind, many of us non-Japanese speaking fans don't have an easy time accessing this kind of info. Your help is greatly appreciated by all I'm sure. :)

• 5 months later...

Hi all, sorry to revive this old thread, but I would really like to know how's the content of this book compared to the recent MF Offical Fan Book. How's the amount of Art work and Mecha pages compared to the Fan Book?

Thanks in advance for any answers. ^_^

Another newbie question here, does this kind of Art Book or Fan Book have any chance of getting a translated version?

This Link shows the MF 2059: memories book with all pages in Chinese, and it costs only 3USD. Bootleg MF book?

Edit: The above link includes 2 CDs of MF Songs as well.

Edited by Repiv_Onex

Hi all, sorry to revive this old thread, but I would really like to know how's the content of this book compared to the recent MF Offical Fan Book. How's the amount of Art work and Mecha pages compared to the Fan Book?

Zero new art. Zero new mecha art. Memories is basically a play-by-play guide to the series. Unless you have absolutely no idea what happened in the show or never bothered watching the show, then this book is for you. Otherwise, the material covered here is found in the PASH! Animation Macross F book and in the Official Files.

Another newbie question here, does this kind of Art Book or Fan Book have any chance of getting a translated version?

The sheer amount of text is an automatic deterrent. Most books are never translated from cover to cover because it would take too damn long. If we want see something in there worthy of our time, we'll translate it. If you want it translated, take it to a professional translator or translate it yourself.

This Link shows the MF 2059: memories book with all pages in Chinese, and it costs only 3USD. Bootleg MF book? Edit: The above link includes 2 CDs of MF Songs as well.

It's probably a bootleg.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Did this have any staff interviews or making of type stuff? I had heard that it was supposed to have an interview with Kawamori about the movie. I'm also wondering if there was any mention of Ohnogi in it at all.

Yeah, it has an interview with Kawamori, and his commentary on each episode. I went through it pretty carefully yesterday, and Ohnogi is mentioned nowhere in the book, except in the credits for episode 10.