Birthday Models!!

Evil Bones

I just had my birthday and my wife let me go buy models for it.

My wife must love me...lol

post-9757-1220688755_thumb.jpg

With me being new to macross...which would be the best model to start on?? also, is the Minma Gaurd model hard to find?

And where are the pilots for the Valks??

post-9757-1220688812_thumb.jpg

These guys are from Yamato and are 1/200th...

to bad i bought the last 3 Toys R Us had :angry:

Thanks for lookin :ph34r:

I just had my birthday and my wife let me go buy models for it.

My wife must love me...lol

I can't for sure say which model to start on. They are all excellent choices. Just make sure you post your progress/completed work in the model section for us to drool over ^_^ . HAPPY BIRTHDAY by the way!

:ph34r:

nice gifts man! I'd start with the Bandai VF-1S!! Roy is the best!

and Toys R' us sells Yamatos in the US??

I don't know about the US but I am currently in Okinawa, Japan and this was the first time i had ever seen them.

I am so hoping to go back and find a fresh box of them.

They will be mine **EVIL GRIN**

I'm a NINJA :ph34r:

All of them are going to take some work. I can tell you that the most difficult one is the Elintseeker, specially if you are going to go the extra mile with the photo etching and painting.

Yes the MMGuard would be the hardest to find and the more expensive one, but I recall they made a comeback on HLJ.

I do dig the pic on the Black Aces model; But is the same mold that the Elint and I am not going to shed $35 just for decals...

Star with the Roy 1S is the most forgivable of all the kits. You might need the Hasegawa pilot + missiles 'weapon' set and photoetched kits to make it look prime...

is the Minma Gaurd model hard to find?

I just bought the Minmay Guard from HLJ recently, but I have not seen it available anywhere else. I also picked up a set of the Minmay Guard Paris concert decals as well. There is also somebody in HK that is making just the Minmay Guard decals, but buying the decals separately and a battroid model end up at about the same price.

The only thing I don't like about the model is that it does not have a hand that will allow you to make the pose on the box art, so I will have to sculpt a separate hand.

Edited by yaiba

Wow! I love the boxart on that Blackaces kit! If I see the price come down a little bit, I'll have to grab one. I really have too many kits waiting to be built right now though. :p