Vajra = Not invincible *spoilers*

Okay, so yeah, their evolution hax has our heroes on the ropes for right now. However, no matter how much the Vajra evolve, they'll never be totally unstoppable.

1. Reaction warheads are not useless.

They still work on the yellow drones, it's the red lobsters who have become resistant to their attacks.

2. It's only a matter of time before Frontier comes up with better ammo/missiles. I doubt very much the rest of the dogfighting in this show will consist solely of beam guns and knife fights. :lol: It's the same problem faced in the first few episodes, countered for 10 episodes or so with ESA ammo, and now the Vajra have reacted to that. I forsee a anti-Borg like Phase modulation counter by the Frontier forces.

3. BFGs still work.

I doubt very much however fast the Vajra evolve, they can still walk away from heavy SDF fire like we just saw. It's hard to have tough armor when you've been atomized.

4. Plot-kai.

It's not good story telling to have totally invincible enemies. Just like the Borg, there will be limits to how much the Vajra can resist.

5. According to future episode summaries, there is a Vajra genocide weapon being cooked up. It probably won't be used, but there's human ingenuity for ya.

I disagree. I think making the Borg have more weaknesses was one of the biggest mistakes Star Trek could have ever done. Vajra will adapt to any for of weaponry given they have taken enough hots for them to adapt. I like scary invincible enemies. Makes it a better victory when heroes find ingenious, unorthodox ways to deal with them instead of throwing bigger bombs...

Okay, so yeah, their evolution hax has our heroes on the ropes for right now. However, no matter how much the Vajra evolve, they'll never be totally unstoppable.

1. Reaction warheads are not useless.

They still work on the yellow drones, it's the red lobsters who have become resistant to their attacks.

2. It's only a matter of time before Frontier comes up with better ammo/missiles. I doubt very much the rest of the dogfighting in this show will consist solely of beam guns and knife fights. :lol: It's the same problem faced in the first few episodes, countered for 10 episodes or so with ESA ammo, and now the Vajra have reacted to that. I forsee a anti-Borg like Phase modulation counter by the Frontier forces.

3. BFGs still work.

I doubt very much however fast the Vajra evolve, they can still walk away from heavy SDF fire like we just saw. It's hard to have tough armor when you've been atomized.

4. Plot-kai.

It's not good story telling to have totally invincible enemies. Just like the Borg, there will be limits to how much the Vajra can resist.

5. According to future episode summaries, there is a Vajra genocide weapon being cooked up. It probably won't be used, but there's human ingenuity for ya.

Uhmm.....the Red Lobster can't even adapt to one of its arms being thrown back at it as a weapon that can blow it to smithereens. :p

vsib1s.gif

:lol:

But seriously......

About No. 3.....There is still hope that this BFG from suspossedly early concept art of MF might make an appearnce as a new armament for Frontier's VF forces.

About No. 5.....

Dimension Eater, anyone?

:ph34r: You just know that Frontier or L.A.I. technicians are gonna harness it into a more effective and very deadly weapon as the war escalates.

Edited by grss1982

DIMENSION WARHEADS ALL THE WAY...!!!!

:wacko:

Heh, I'm not saying things should be easy for our heroes. But an enemy that can adapt to absolutely ANYTHING is boring and unrealistic, even amongst sci-fi races.

There are bugs on Earth that can withstand thousands of times the radiation of human beings, however, they'd still get incinerated by a direct nuke hit.

Just saying that humans are adaptable too, we'll be seeing some new stuff too, I guarantee.

And that super VF-25 shot is the sex. B))

Uhmm.....the Red Lobster can't even adapt to one of its arms being thrown back at it as a weapon that can blow it to smithereens. :p

Well, how many times do you think that has happened to them? :p

About No. 5.....

Dimension Eater, anyone?

:ph34r: You just know that Frontier or L.A.I. technicians are gonna harness it into a more effective and very deadly weapon as the war escalates.

Mayhaps. One hell of a weapon to fire en masse like reaction warheads, though...(I wonder what happens when two

DE

detonations contact each other?).

Grace WANTS the Frontier to use some kind of genocide weapon, though for what purposes I have no idea. Grace wants to inspire hate against the Vajra and I am not sure what the benefit is... or what kind of convoluted silliness would result from using the hatred of the people to acheive some end...

Clearly, the Vajra are NOT invincible; but there has to be some yet-unexploited weakness that will undoubtedly turn the tide, unless this series takes a twist and has a 'bad ending' so to speak.

Anyone else care to speculate?

Edited by RF-26AAC

Mayhaps. One hell of a weapon to fire en masse like reaction warheads, though...(I wonder what happens when two

DE

detonations contact each other?).

Well, since the dimension eater is a fold weapon, apparently, perhaps it could be modified to disrupt the fold communication links the Vajra seem to possess. Their big, glaring weakness is the same one Ranka seems to tap into with her fold wave-carried singing.

Well, when the Vajra learn to protect themselves from Battle Frontier's Macross cannon, it still leaves them somewhat cooked. With the proper utensils, an island ship full of butter, and some motivated VF pilots, steaming hot Vajra will be served up in no time. Some fresh Vajra legs, or a steaming plate of delicious Vajra cakes, just place your order and head cook Ozma Lee will get to work in the kitchen.

"Mr. President? You've still got a delicious dessert coming!"