My YF-19 Videos are up at YouTube

peolesdru

As with the yf-21 transformation video I've attached the YF-19 transformation movies to this thread for those on slow 56k connection who can't be Fq'd visiting Youtube every time they want to watch it. This will help those who want to keep it for viewing offline.

Battroid To Fighter:

Part 1 of 3

Transform_the_YF_19_from_Battroid_to_Fighter.part1.zip

Part 2 of 3

Transform_the_YF_19_from_Battroid_to_Fighter.part2.zip

Part 3 of 3

Transform_the_YF_19_from_Battroid_to_Fighter.part3.zip

Instructions:

1. Click to download ALL files first. You MUST have the whole set before the next step. It's a single file split up into pieces. (I had to do this because the forum seems to have problem with bigger sizes for some reason)

2. Rename the files' name extension from ".zip" to ".rar".

You have to do this step because this forum doesn't like other file types so I had to rename the ".rar" files to ".zip" when I first uploaded them, just so that they wouldn't be rejected. :rolleyes:Even if you don't want to watch the movie right now, just rename the ".zip" back to ".rar" as soon as they finish downloading to avoid confusion.

3. Use Winrar to unrar (uncompress) the files (part 1 to part 3) to the directory you saved these files to. (go into windows explorer and rightclick on the ".part 1.rar" file and choose the "extract here" option on the menu if you wish. This is a nice shortcut to extracting to the directory the compressed files are in)

WinRar will gather all 3 parts and combine them into the single ".flv file which is the file you need to open to watch the movie.

4. delete all the ".rar" files after the movie is combined into the complete ".flv" movie file.

You'll need a video player that can view the flash video file format, to watch the movie.

Me? I already have a codec pack installed on my media player that supports the ".flv" file format though, so I just use media player classic to view like I would with any other movie type.

Fighter To Battroid:

Part 1 of 2

Transform_the_YF_19_from_Fighter_to_Battroid.part1.zip

Part 2 of 2

Transform_the_YF_19_from_Fighter_to_Battroid.part2.zip

Instructions:

Use the above instructions for the first movie as the guide for this movie.

IE

1. download all files to hdd before anything

2. rename the the .zip file back to .rar which is what they originally were.

3. uncompress/extract from .rar files to create the full .flv file.

4. cleanup/delete the .rar files and keep the .flv movie file for later viewing..then view it.

If you have any problems getting it to work, let me know..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I checked your videos before I transformed my YF-19FP for the first time, and it helped a lot. Thank you

Sometimes it really matters how you handle your Yamato while transforming ;)

That's very cool. I've had the 19 for so long I thought I was just doing some catch-up on my video series (and satisfying a request from LowViz). It's nice to know it turned out to be timely.

I checked your videos before I transformed my YF-19FP for the first time, and it helped a lot. Thank you

Sometimes it really matters how you handle your Yamato while transforming

Yeah I think it's less risky knowing what parts of the valk to grip while you pull or push something too. Sometimes it pays to grip a specific point on the toy that is chunkier than another part so that only the chunky part is stressed and not the fragile part.

Also there may be hidden clicks inside the toy you can't see that aren't obvious. (eg the fins on the yamato 1/60 vf-1 clicking out before you fold them - all these little things to remember when you haven't transformed a toy for a long time are what I use the guides for just in case I forget)

I'm one of the guys that don't transform his toys very often and tend to leave the toy alone for a long time in one mode. So I like to have a quick reference to jog my memory. heh