Macrossworld '08 Collection DX Report

modcineaste

"Later another collector brought some original artwork from many of the people who worked on Macross, one that was raffled off at the end of the day’s events."

I don't remember flying to Long Beach to hand deliver the sketch!

hey, great report and pics, hehehe, glad to see you finally decided to join up and post, hehehe

I got a question, how rare is this minmai wind up doll

I got one that was assembling for my gf so she could play with it but put it aside for a long time

I was told by quite a few people that it was a RARE item.....hence why they were selling it for 50 bones.

:ph34r:

Glad you all liked the review. I had a great time and it gives me a year to come up with a Custom for the contest.

I changed the line in the article so it reflects that the drawing was not from your collection! I was a bit hazy on the origins of the raffle drawing. Cheers!

Pony Toy Go Round was a magnificent Anime/Japanese Toy store in LA's Little Tokyo district and it was the place to go

in the 8T's for Japanese Toys. There was actually three stores but one was specifically devoted Anime related Japanese toys such as Spiral Zone, Macross, chogokins etc...they had it all stock. I shopped there from 1985 to 1989 and they closed down roughly in 1993 due to the death of the owner. Really a great loss to the Japanese toy collecting

community here in L.A. I only wished I had pictures of the Interior and what was in stock.

Thanks again,

LF

yay pictures and an official report!!! thank you for attending the con and i'm glad you had a good time.... yay my plushie is featured!!! haha...

sponsors played a big role this year in making the con successful so thank you again sponsors. =] and thank you for covering the show! We'll see you next year.