Macross Plus

Ruak

I had some free time this weekend. (which is rare) and because I am really looking forward to the release of the Revoltech release of the YF-21. I took this pic and re-drew it for a wallpaper. And thought i would share.

The original is 30 inch by 20 and thought I might do a print on the work printer. I can email it if anyone is interested.

post-1512-1217222596_thumb.jpg

post-1512-1217222617_thumb.jpg

I had some free time this weekend. (which is rare) and because I am really looking forward to the release of the Revoltech release of the YF-21. I took this pic and re-drew it for a wallpaper. And thought i would share.

The original is 30 inch by 20 and thought I might do a print on the work printer. I can email it if anyone is interested.

How did you do that? Which is not to say it's so awesome I can't fathom how it was possible, though it is about that awesome, but what I mean is, what technique did you use? What medium or media? That's one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time.

How did you do that? Which is not to say it's so awesome I can't fathom how it was possible, though it is about that awesome, but what I mean is, what technique did you use? What medium or media? That's one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time.

digital painting. I use either painter or photoshop. if you like I can post the steps, I have the original psd's at home. not sure I can teach it but I can show the progress, and tell you the tricks I use. (distanceing effects and perspective.)

I wanted to work on this a little more when I got off work anyway. :)

Exo, I will get that in the mail when I get home also.

This thread alone should be proof positive for all the naysayers why Revoltechs rock :)

An amazing piece of work Ruak. May I include your art in the For Fans Only section of my website?

I love that pose! which inspired me to paint something. *this is rare btw*

Rather than post alot of screens of the progress i took alot of the highlights and just put it into one image. I love that toy. but for the painting I took out the joint in the chest and cut the arm out of the image for a while, painting the whole nose section before putting the arm back in and covering up some pretty cool details. oh well. Like i said, I do love the pose.

post-1512-1217304737_thumb.jpg

I too think a large print to put up on my wall is very fitting of this image. I need more decoration anyway, now I have a great excuse.

Rather than post alot of screens of the progress i took alot of the highlights and just put it into one image. I love that toy. but for the painting I took out the joint in the chest and cut the arm out of the image for a while, painting the whole nose section before putting the arm back in and covering up some pretty cool details. oh well. Like i said, I do love the pose.

Fantastic. Did you draw the original flats/line art, trace the original photo, or just apply some effect?

I'm starting to feel like I need to liberate the unused wacom from my office, and find myself a copy of Painter.

Awesome! :blink:

Excellent work!!!! ^_^

In two words, im-pressive!!! Or, if you prefer...

<Megatron voice mode ON>

EXCELLENT...

<Megatron voice mode OFF>

Now we miss the yf-19 counterpart.... ^_^