Macross Villians

It wasn't the impact that destroyed the Ghost. Guld was so GAR charging the Ghost the AI on the Ghost imploded, Guld just couldn't steer out of the way of the now unmanned(heh) Ghost and BOOM!

GHOST wasn't destroyed, it was simply got sucked back into time (in 2005) thanks to space time anomaly caused by Guld's VF & GHOST fast-outta-this-world speed & ramming contest.

Well, we all know the no longer not so secret GHOST resurrected as EDI Stealth UCAV & the prototype stealth F/A-37 Talon were experimented by USN. The hulla ballooo radiocative cloud cover in Pakistan, the intrusion & big hella airfight over Russian airspace & the North Korea's near its border all bear the hallmark of US conspiracy, I tell you!

I guess GHOST simply wants a revenge against humanity for what Guld done to it & that AI simply gone way smarter after being resurrected as EDI & gone amok while nearly created a 3rd global war between US & Russia from its stunts over Russian airspace.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes Harmony Gold is the ultimate villian of macross. Lets form a mob with torches and pitchforks and assualt their HQ.

You got that right because of Harmony Gold we might never see a English Dub Version of Macross Do You Remember Love, Macross 7, Macross Dynamite Seven, Macross 7 the Movie, Macross Zero and finally Macross Frontier. If you ask me Harmony Gold did more harm to the Macross Franchise. I always wonder what Shōji Kawamori thinks of Harmony Gold and if he knows that he has Fans in North America, Europe, Mexico, South America, China?

Well I am from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. Harmony Gold is the Ultimate Villian of the Macross Franchise.

Naruto. Because that sup par series is hogging precious fansubbing resources. BELIEVE IT!

(gomen ne, couldn't help my self)

YES, when that shat was in the Shonen Jump manga, it sucked, it continues to suck now and will continue to suck even more! It's the NEW dragonballZ!! YUCK.

OnePiece was cool as a manga but as a show it just annoys me :(

Um, I would say the best Macross Villain was that crazy dude who crashed his cruiser into the SDF-1. Whatever his name is. He was so freaking crazy. I'm sorry, I'm not that far into the original macross series, but in RT they called him Khyron. He was so incompetent, it was great.

I find most of the Macross villains entirely disposable and tragically ineffective.

I don't know that I entirely agree. Just how do you define "effectiveness"? Bodolza commanded the "mass anonymous army" that is the Zentradi fleet.

Earth was more or less wiped out (more crushingly so in the movie, where Earth is wiped out long before the final confrontation between the Zentradi, Meltrandi, and the Macross. Similarly so, Gepernitch commanded the Varauta army, how can it be an effective "villain" while then saying it's commander was not?

I'd say that with few exceptions the villains managed to do well for themselves right up until the end, as far as their goals were concerned. Of course, their goals are usually not the clear-cut "villain" goals we tend to think of. Bodolza was not concerned with universal domination, or even wiping out humanity, until the very end.

Gigil didn't die a villain, the "real damage" he inflicted wasn't directed at the Macross 7 fleet. He was a lot more "successful" as a villain up until then, when he was doing a decent job of gathering resources (spiritua) for the Protodevlin. He was held back from doing "real damage" as Gepernitch wanted a farm, not a quick fix.

In Zero, who was "winning" kept going back and forth between the factions, right up until the end.

I dunno, I find the "villains" in Macross to be pretty memorable, and unusually well developed for a children's show (though I do agree, that's what it is, or at least was for SDF and Macross 7, more teen/college crowd for much of the rest).

Generally speaking, the only effective forces in Macross are generally the mass of anonymous armies.

Actually that seems quite realistic to me. The most dangerous enemy is the anonymous stranger that doesn't give a damn wether you live or die. Most dictators/villains in history would done very little damage on their own if they didn't have those big armies.

And yea, the true villians are HG/Tatsunoko.