Something I've noticed about Protoculture Super Weapons

RedWolf

But...by whom are they regarded as devils?

From the standpoint of human aesthetics, naturally the Birdman is angelic (although it was more of a dark angel, as it was capable of destruction)...

On this note - what always interested me is:

If alien beings are able to come check on their experiment and, upon hearing of some minor kinks (war etc), terminate the whole thing...

Why aren't they capable of just appearing and trying to pre-maturely convince humanity to give up fighting?

Bassara does it when he encounters enemies - why won't the Protoculture do it upon encountering violent humans?

This leads me to believe that anime spiritia and the power of song are uniquely human creations and or inherent genetic gifts...

And that humans are more powerful than the protoculture who had to rely on technology and genetic engineering all the time - while humanity can rely on the power of love and song.

VFTF1

Well if Rooy Kanu's story is somewhat based on fact the Birdman parts were intentionaly separated as to not destroy humanity.

Not to mention from what we gathered from the Zentradi the Protoculture are extinct.

Like in the DYRL movie they didn't come back.

As far as we know only Earth had a Birdman. There is not evidence yet that Zola had a Birdman.

The Evil Series aka Protodevlin are regarded as devils.

Does that mean the Birdmen are like angels?

It could be that the Protoculture faction that used Anime Spiritia developed the Birdmen.

Me thinks that you are reading too much onto made up words based on (most likely misused) words borrowed from a foreign language because they sound cool.

Probably it never worked even for them, that's why they tried to make it happen by chance.

I got the impression after Macross 0 that the Protoculture were acting like the Alliance from Serenity. Here's all this war and bloodshed tearing apart their republic; wouldn't it be great if people were nicer and didn't fight? Maybe the engineered sub-races like us and Zolans were meant to be peaceful versions of themselves. The Birdman, then, might have been less about judging the new race to see if they were worthy of progressing and simply quality-control. Who knows, the Zolans were pretty peaceful - all their weapons were non-lethal. Maybe they aced their Birdman test.