Kawamori will get credit in StarCraft 2?

Hayao Miyazaki was credited by Blizzard in StarCraft for giving inspiration for the Reaver(from Nausica). What are the chances that Kawamori will be credited for the Variable Vikings or even the Thor that resembles the Destroid Monster?

Also Protoss Zerg Hybrids will be Evil series of StarCraft?

Protoss=Zentradi as Xel'Naga=Protoculture.

Viking Fighter:

vikingfighter.jpg

Viking Assault:

vikingassault.jpg

Thor:

thor_2.jpg

Or how about Games Workshop, which Blizzard has ripped off continually for the last 15 years?

Edit: Also, I'm fairly certain the Monster was a Miyatake design, not a Kawamori.

Oh please, StarCraft ripping off WH40k again? They just have some similar designs philosophies. Anyway you have to be a GW fanboy to not see that GW was indeed credited in StarCraft. Tyranids new designs look more Zergish then before SC came out.

Don't just go around dissing Blizzard for being knockoffs when they know how to pay tribute to intellectual property. James Cameron, Heinlen etc. are all in SC's credits. It's not like their doing around saying that they are being original. Blizzard is not known for originality, they are known for taking some half baked, unpolished ideas of others and refining them to be fun and playable. That's why they take so long in making their games. They really want quality products. They wen as far as pulling the plug on SC: Ghost(which went through 2 overhauls) because it didn't meet their standards.

I'm sure Kawamori will get some accreditation. If Miyazaki was thanked for just having a the Reaver look similar to one of his creatures, I think They'l acknowledge Kawamori/Macross in the VF idea...

Edited by flabortast

check out Red Alert 3. the third new faction Empire of the Rising Sun features a variable robot/jet unit. from the trailers, even looks like it has a gerwalk mode. some previews i read point out that it "bears more than a passing resemblance to the mecha in SDF Macross". needless to say, i'm eagerly awaiting this game.

post-6173-1215945307_thumb.jpgpost-6173-1215945317_thumb.jpg

Edited by Major Focker

did they give credit for Macross/Robotech or Yamato for the battle cruiser with the Yamato cannon in the first game? Obviously the cannon itself is a reference to the Yamato but the captain was very reminiscent of Cpt. Gloval down to the Russian accent (yes I know he was Italian in Macross).

check out Red Alert 3. the third new faction Empire of the Rising Sun features a variable robot/jet unit. from the trailers, even looks like it has a gerwalk mode. some previews i read point out that it "bears more than a passing resemblance to the mecha in SDF Macross". needless to say, i'm eagerly awaiting this game.

post-6173-1215945307_thumb.jpgpost-6173-1215945317_thumb.jpg

Hear hear!

Trailer:

The Rising Sun faction in RA3 looks to be a mecha lover's dream. Now, I'm just wondering, how easy/difficult it would be to mod the skins for the Mecha Tengu into something more macross-y :p