gummy pilot

arrow

I just bought a yf-19 & had the hardest time getting the pilot into the cockpit. my 2 others yammies are 1/48 vf-1 with the hard pilot.

Are all the others like this- the sv-51, the vf-0 and the yf-21- difficult to put the pilot in without scuffing the paint?

Maybe this wasn't the most delicate way to remedy this, but I got a little irked:

The first time I tried to get the little guy in there, I think the sharp corners of the console scuffed a bit of the white paint on his little knee. Not the end of the world, by any measure, but a little irritating. So, that console was in the way?

I popped it off. I think I just hooked my finger nails around it, and pulled up a little bit. The glue gave way, and the console just comes off the peg it sits on quite nicely. With it off, you have the room to get the dude all situated, and then the console just sits right back on its peg really snug-like. I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that this was not an intended feature, but there's no damage done, and it makes getting the guy in and out a lot easier!

More on topic: I only own the 19, so I can't speak to the others. Hopefully their cockpits are a little roomier, for the gummies' sakes!

The 19's pilot is extremely cramped there (as is Yang) and so far they are the only ones too camped.

All the others are easy enough to insert and remove. (zero, SV-51's, YF-21...)

Be interesting on how the new 1/60s are.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie