Some good SDF-1 art I found

Master Dex

This sort of came about during the WTF-1 discussion and sent me looking for good pics of the SDF-1 Macross while we were debating things about it and whether it is what we see in ep.12 of Frontier.

Doing some image searches I happened upon a nice CG rendering of an ARMD. The site it was attached to was apparently that of an artist who does all types of stuff and included was renderings of the ARMD and SDF-1 in both cruiser and attacker mode, all these pictures are liked below. The artist, who appears to call himself Wolfmage is very talented it seems. However this is where it gets interesting. I browsed through his site to see if he had more stuff. He does a lot of things but nothing else from Macross, however when I stumbled into his CG animations page and found he had an animation of the SDF-1 transformation from cruiser to attacker and it is amazing! The link to that below is a link directly to the download, which comes in a .avi file that will play easily on anything if you have divX or some such proper codecs (shouldn't be a problem for anyone here).

ARMD over Earth

ARMD underside

Attacker mode backside

Attacker mode with pretty background. Would make a great wallpaper if it was bigger.

Cruiser mode with nice backdrop. Again would be nice to have a bigger one.

This one is the download link to the animation, Love it and enjoy: TRANSFORMATION!! I couldn't resist. :D

Thanks to Wolfmage whoever you are for making such good looking renders.

I can't recall who, but someone about a year or two ago had posted this work before....I believe he was the original 3D designer for both the ARMD platforms and the Macross even it's transformation....I just can't recall who it was.

I can't recall who, but someone about a year or two ago had posted this work before....I believe he was the original 3D designer for both the ARMD platforms and the Macross even it's transformation....I just can't recall who it was.

Well on the site if you follow it back to the main page he list his real name and his alias of Wolfmage.

Wow... Those are some pretty good pieces of CGI art!!! :ph34r:

Does he have more?

This is all I've found on the site. On his specific Macross page (where the 2 ARMD pics and the shot of the attacker backside come from) there are 3 images that don't load so I don't know what they are. They could easily just be the two other shots of cruiser and attacker I linked to up there, but they may be others, who knows.