NUNS References in Macross II

sdf2501

I always felt that the use of Mac 2's music was regarded as merely extra stock usage. Y'know like in the old westerns if a director wanted to add footage of a posse riding into town he'd just take it from pre-existing footage. This would happen to cut costs or not having to pay other actors. Since Big West owned that music it probably wasn't a no-brainer. Run a little over budget and needs some music just grab up some of that Macross 2 stuff. Fans'll love the homage & we save money. Plus didn't "Jamming Birds"(who sang most of the tunes except for that one time Wendy Ryder was playing in Macross 7 park) really suck and always got into some trouble until Fire Bomber saved them? Now the NUNS concept is very interesting to me because there are some similarities. Like both armies being a little soft and complacent(Mac 2 expands on this a little bit more in their plot). I don't see a huge connection with Frontier and Mac 2 but there are some similarities.

I always felt that the use of Mac 2's music was regarded as merely extra stock usage. Y'know like in the old westerns if a director wanted to add footage of a posse riding into town he'd just take it from pre-existing footage. This would happen to cut costs or not having to pay other actors. Since Big West owned that music it probably wasn't a no-brainer. Run a little over budget and needs some music just grab up some of that Macross 2 stuff. Fans'll love the homage & we save money. Plus didn't "Jamming Birds"(who sang most of the tunes except for that one time Wendy Ryder was playing in Macross 7 park) really suck and always got into some trouble until Fire Bomber saved them? Now the NUNS concept is very interesting to me because there are some similarities. Like both armies being a little soft and complacent(Mac 2 expands on this a little bit more in their plot). I don't see a huge connection with Frontier and Mac 2 but there are some similarities.

I assume that all the music is owned by Victor, so I figured the same thing. They needed some music for a certain feel, and the MacII stuff fit the bill.

What I think is interesting is that II, 7, and Plus music gets recycled all over the place (especially on the drama albums), but original SDFM music doesn't...except on the Macross Classic audio drama.

There are a few places in 7 where playing DYRL would be appropriate, but they never do...unless is sung by Mylene...I wonder why...

Macross 7 is always worth watching.

Macross II I have never even seen...

NUNS, no matter where they may have originated, or when, are nowhere as bad as the

Beaurau International Space Hostility Operations Proconsul, not to mention the Protoculture Organic Production Emissary.

VFTF1

I always felt that the use of Mac 2's music was regarded as merely extra stock usage. Y'know like in the old westerns if a director wanted to add footage of a posse riding into town he'd just take it from pre-existing footage. This would happen to cut costs or not having to pay other actors. Since Big West owned that music it probably wasn't a no-brainer.

That's the most logical conclusion, also see the admittedly low-budget Macross 7 Dynamite using a lot of music from earlier series.

Also, it's highly unlikely Kawamori was involved in the day to day production of Macross 7, so the inclusion of the music probably wasn't his idea.

Edited by yellowlightman