anyone done an evil jetfire?

RichyX

just wondering if anyone has done an evil jetfire from the bandai 1/55 mould as im lookig for reference pics

ive just dismantled my spare jetfire, and im waiting on the custom stickers from repro labels but i need to get a couple of bits of armour first and a gun

but im unsure on what colour scheme to go for

i was looking at all the white bits will be a light greyish colour, armour would either be dark purple or a slightly different grey to the body

if anyone has any pics id be very gratefull so i have an idea, this will be my first custom ive done and im looking forward to doing it and ill post pics once i start

thanks

i was looking at all the white bits will be a light greyish colour, armour would either be dark purple or a slightly different grey to the body

Those colors actually sound like they would work out GREAT! Good luck. If I can find any pics for you I will post them.

:ph34r:

what constitute as an evil jetfire? i have a jetfire in 1/48 scale which i constitute as an evil jetfire. looks like a regular jetfire but with a red visor.

I am guessing that if it is in Decepticon colors it is considered "evil".

Also you can check out this linky...

EVIL JETFIRE

ive actually emailed this chap and he got back to me today, he basically paid someone to do it and make the box a few years ago but he carnt find the blokes email address, which is a shame as id love the box

im tempted to go that colour scheme, but with the armour purple, im not sure, think ill have to experiment lol

i class an evil jetfire as a different colour and of course decepticon insignia on him, though i do have a grey macross sticker aswell which is just the rite size for the wing lol

as ssoon as i get the last bits of armour ill start the thread

though i do have a grey macross sticker aswell which is just the rite size for the wing lol

You don't need one...that was a very limited version of Jetfire made back in the day. If there is not a Macross Kite...all the better IMO...for Jetfire is TF not Macross.

Alpha made a few of these some years back. I knew a guy who had one, not all that special. I thought the purple was wrong, more a softer purple, not bold and bright like most decepticon logos.

You don't need one...that was a very limited version of Jetfire made back in the day. If there is not a Macross Kite...all the better IMO...for Jetfire is TF not Macross.

I disagree. Matsushiro Jetfire's aren't that limited, I have 1 MIB, and 3 more loose. There's usually 3 or 4 a week on ebay at any give moment. And, while it is a TF item, bearing the Macross kite nonetheless makes it a part of Macross lore, with the whole Bandai/Matsushiro buyout and licensing to Hasbro story. Also, factor in Robotech was one of TF's biggest competitors, and to have Hasbro buy the design and use it and have it be considered one of it not the coolest TF of all time is a nice small victory for us Macross fans. Basically I see it as Hasbro saying "we can't beat the toy, let's buy the toy..."

For those who dont know

An evil Jetfire is Jetfire who joined the Decepticons instead of the Autobots. In the episode Fire in the sky (IIRC) Jetfire was still undecided whom he should join as before the autobots found him frozen in the arctic he was a scientist and not a soldier. Starscream trys to trick him into joining the Decepticons and eventually he sees them for what they are and joins the Autobots. The evil Jetfire follows the What if he didnt idea.

I think the 1/55s look great eaither white or light grey with primer grey Fastpacks and the purple replacing the red change the eye to a more Decepticon like colour if you like too. you can get the Decepticon Decal sets for Jetfire, Which are basically the Autobot set but in Purple with Teh correct Logos for the wings etc.

ill take alook into colour schemes, but he is going to go a grey colour as he doesnt look correct with white and purple stickers

and it is about getting teh correct shade of purple aswell

i do have a macross jetfire here, not in the best of condition, but he is staying with my macross valks, my best one is the one i have boxed which is an inbetween a macross and a bandai valk

An obvious choice would be a yellowed one from eBay as they are normally cheap and prime for total paint customs. add it to the odds and ends fast pack bit we all accumilate and you have a great candidate.

For the grey you could look at Halfords grey plastic primer as its quite light.

I would just like to point out that in the G1 Cartoon, Jetfire was a Decepticon for some time - and his color scheme remained unchanged.

So I never saw the point in the "evil Jetfire" repaints :)

VFTF1

I would just like to point out that in the G1 Cartoon, Jetfire was a Decepticon for some time - and his color scheme remained unchanged.

So I never saw the point in the "evil Jetfire" repaints :)

VFTF1

he was only a ecepticon for about 15mins

as he seen starscream which was his collegue before the war they were exploring planets etc, jetfire( skyfire) has always protected life and doesnt want to destroy it

he only became a decepticon as he thought the or was told the autobots were evil, until he rescued spike and sparkplug off an iceberg and took them to see megatron, where he choose to keep them captive and told megatron that no harm would come to them, but the decpeticons didnt like that as he had no rite or something

then when starscream went to destroy some of teh atobots jetfire rebelled i think and starscream blew him away, only to e repaired by ratchet and then he became and autobot

yes the colour scheme had not changed on him, mainly because he was going to become and autobot, but i bet if he stayed a decepticon then the colour would of been different, like the pics above i think

also on the grey paint, i have a load of tamiya acrylics here, so ill take a look and do some tests to get the rite shade im looking for, i just dont have any purple yet!

• 3 weeks later...

ok, ive started the evil jetfire, its all stripped down and primered and is now ready for paint, i will get some pics up later on

but im having major trouble in finding a very liht grey, closest ive got is sky gre from tamiya, so i dont know what to do now as thats still a dark grey almost primer colour

ive tried lightening it up with white and other colours but no joy

can anyone help me find a very light grey like the one in the link above

if nto ill have to stick with the darker shade of grey and possibly have todo the fast packs purple or gunmetal but i dont know how it will look like that