vf-19 FP

wasp

Yeah I'm anticipating this greatly. Maybe too much. Hope I'm not let down... at that scale, i'm almost hoping they DON'T include a pilot. Given the scale and the detail we get in the 1/48 pilots (excepting the Low-Viz of course), Yamato doesn't have a good record with pilots... are we expecting anything other than another "spud"?

Mostly, I'm hoping Yamato can bring the arms down in fighter mode so that big gap behind the torso section isn't there. Also being able to mount the gunpod in a usable fashion in fighter mode would be nice. And I wish SOMEONE could make it so the feet could be right in fighter mode. Telescoping ala 1/48 and so clearly seen in the anime would be extremely nice, but I can live with non-telescoping feet as long as they get the proportions of top/bottom right (maybe have the whole foot pull out and 360 degrees on a ball joint or something?)... Both Yamato and Bandai got this wrong last time.

But otherwise a generally improved fighter mode sculpt is desired and I'm sure we're gonna get it. Last one seemed centered on battroid.

I guess Graham has some. but he would have to kill u if u see 'em

There's got to be some kind of away around that. Like, only asking yes or no questions, or something.

MW: "Graham, post some pictures of the new YF-19FP!"

G: "No comment"

MW: "Graham, do you have pictures of the YF-19FP?"

G: "Yes."

MW: "Do they kick ass?"

G: "Yes!"

Maybe something like 20 questions :)

Actually, the pilot on the new VF-11B looks really nice, probably the best looking pilot Yamato has produced for the 1/72 (or 1/60) scale.

Interesting... Well i guess there's hope. I've been meaning to get a VF-11B FP or two... wish HLJ would put them on a fire sale. ;)

Won't work.. i mean, we all know what the outcome for a bucha questions @ Graham for the 19 would come out...

Q: hey graham u got info on the 19?

G: yes

Q: can u tell us?

G: no

Q: got any pics?

G: could be

Q: can you.. G: N O

Q: R u playing the new ps2 macross game?

G: yes

Q: can we have some info on the 19?

G: no

Q: *cough* VF-19 *cough*

G: *N.O.*

Actually, I've only got some really old pics of the 19FP and I believe it has been redesigned significantly since then, so even I don't know what it looks like at now.

However, I do have the Q-Rau sculpt sitting on my desk at the moment and it is increadibly sweet. Don't even think about asking for pics, Yamato would kill me.

And no, I'm not playing the Macross PS2 game at the moment :( . I'm still at the office, but only for another 40 minutes. :lol:

Graham

My daily routine is to get up and turn on the computer, then check Yamato's website to see if there's any Macross updates. After that I check to see if the Macross World site has been updated, then I go here to the toy section of the forums and check for any new news on the Valkyries.

Okay rather than putting your life in danger for pics, could you tell us how the Q-rau looks compared to the earlier sculpts we saw here in the forums? ;)

I can't wait to see the new YF-19 sculpt. I held out on the old release YF-19 after the VF-1s were first announced, in the hopes that they'd do a resculpt, and boy am I hoping that paid off! :D